Bare Ally or Painted??

cheehee
cheehee Posts: 427
edited October 2009 in Workshop
I was gonna be painting my BeOne plain white.

100_0246.jpg

I like it but have always found the paint job a bit 'busy'.

So I stripped the frame down with a view to paint it, but once down to the metal I thought it would look good as is.

100_1012.jpg

I'd probably paint the fork plain black if I left it bare.

What do you reckon??

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Plain Alu won't stay plain Alu for long - it will oxidise at an alarming rate unless lacquered at least (apologies if this is what you meant by bare).

I'd go with white rather than alu.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Aluminium doesn't rust, but 'oxidises' just as much. You wouldn't ride an unpainted steel frame, so the same rule applies!
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    You could get it annodised... no idea how much that'd cost though.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    It won't oxidise that quickly and a quick going over with wire wool will take any a oxidisation off in no time. I know a couple of people who ride polished aluminium frames that haven't been clearcoated and they look mint still.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Why not get some polishing mops and loads of autosol and buff it up to a mirror finish, you could then blind other riders on a sunny day and make that break stick to the cake stop :lol:
  • cheehee
    HHmmnn I'm quite tempted to leave it plain/bare/unpainted for now.

I can always paint it white at a later date............
  • cheehee
    Changed my mind :roll:

I'm gonna stick to my original plan of white. I think i'll get it powder coated though instead of spraying it.

Chee'indecisive'hee
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I think you should send it to Atlantic Boulvard and get it painted in the 'Merckx' Colnage colour scheme.
  • cheehee
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I think you should send it to Atlantic Boulvard and get it painted in the 'Merckx' Colnage colour scheme.

Like this....................................??

2.jpg