Bike Chosen!

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,687
edited October 2009 in Road beginners
Well, I finally did the dirty deed. Tried a Madone 4.2 and a Scott CR1 Comp having resisted the urge to spend more (the wife think £1000 was my budget as it is!). I liked both, the 2010 CR1 frame is great but the Madone had full 105 group (compared to the mainly Tiagra on the CR1) and slightly better wheels, Scott about £100 cheaper after discounts. Preferred the Scott colour scheme as it matches well with the club kit although the Madone would have come in red, white and black rather than the blue and white I saw. But, after much debate, I have decided to go for the Scott. My intention now is to use the C2W scheme, if my company ever agrees to it, to upgrade the wheels and change to 105 shifters / 10 speed cassette as I feel I've got the frame that can justify upgrading :D

The bike isn't likely to be available until December :( but as soon as it arrives I'll be posting some pics and aiming for the prestigious OCP badge off Nap D! :lol:

Comments

• Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    I think you should challenge NapD to a QuadPower race to decide..
  • Pross
    Nah, no point as he's trademarked the name so couldn't use it even when I beat him :lol:
  • Pross, defo a good choice going with the Scott...I love mine, best buy ever...

But, since you havent bought it yet why not try and get a 2009 CR1 Pro with ultegra......how much is the one you're going to be buying? Im guessing £1500.

You can get a CR1 Pro 2009 for £1700 from Evans and various other places....The extra £200 will be worth it......
  • Pross
    I prefer the 2010 model, the frame has been altered with the flattened out chainstays and forks but not sure if it now has a replaceable cable hanger. Got 10% discount from the shop as they sponsor my club so was £1350. Looked at the next level up with full 105 but didn't like the colour scheme and the pro was up at the level I could get an Addict for. I feel guilty spending the money I have (thanks to the Mrs!). I now have a top quality frame and will be asking for money for my birthday / Christmas to upgrade the wheels and levers. Happy with the rest for now, even Tiagra is better than my 18 year old Ultegra stuff, but when I get on the C2W I will upgrade further.