Forum ride on the 17th - what happened?

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited October 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Just wondering whether this happened or not?

How was it, was good fun had by all?

Stories......? :wink:

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    t'was a great ride :D

kangeroo planned a great route, mac came a cropper when he couldnt unclip, but more than made up for it with a sweet drop off. all in a great ride, thanks to all who went for making it a great ride. maybe we should start planning the next one.

oh and mac got weight weenieitus after seein brams rocky mountain :lol:
  • I know that I and sheepsteeth were gutted for not making it. We were discussing another, although I will have to speak with him about this.....

Im still recovering from a) broken ribs b) pig flu, so fitness is at an all time low, I conservatively cannot imagine me being able to do a full days riding till after xmas, but we shall see how it goes........ but I am defo up for it. Maybe sheeps will bring along the Crush? Who knows ;)

Glad it all went well........ and pi55ed off that I couldn't make it!!!
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    lawman wrote:
    t'was a great ride :D

kangeroo planned a great route, mac came a cropper when he couldnt unclip, but more than made up for it with a sweet drop off. all in a great ride, thanks to all who went for making it a great ride. maybe we should start planning the next one.

oh and mac got weight weenieitus after seein brams rocky mountain :lol:

Haha!

Yep it was good, but I took the wrong bike and almost died by the end going up the hills!

We did quite well in terms of mechanical issues apart from Bails was a bit unlucky and got a puncture and a broken chain - but did a great job of getting the bike up and running again quickly. He also provided me with a much needed Jelly Baby at the top of one climb! Thanks Bails ! :)

Definitely up for another one!

For the record, I was a weight weiner before the ride, as Cheesey knows as I brought the frame of him just before the ride - but Brams bike did encourage me further!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Gutted I couldn't make it really.
    I hope there's another one, I'd quite enjoy meetin some other people from here. Plus, gettin to ride somewhere new is always a bonus!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Haha, no problem with the Jelly Babies, it put everyone in a good mood for when they had to wait around for me, more breakdowns in a couple of hours than I'd had since the start of the year!

My gloves are still sticky from the leaked tyre sealent btw, it's like having SPD handlebars!

Was a good day, some techy stuff, hidden trails, sociable open slogs, spotted a few deer, then linked up with Follow The Dog.

I posted what I tracked of the route (up until FTD) on the sticky Forum Ride thread.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Any chance of the next one being a little further south :D
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    yep we can do the other side of cannock chase
    what are brakes for again
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306