Here she is, single speed, rigid and pround of it!!!

Darra8
Darra8 Posts: 721
edited December 2009 in Your mountain bikes
After the slaughtering I got the other day for buying the devils bike, I thought I would share a couple of pics of my new steed. I will be taking it to my local woods the weekend for a first ride. I just hope to god I can clear it without having to get off and push :roll: Will let you know how I get on....

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg
40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Nice still prefer the bronze colour but very nice
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    much nicer, really don't like the bronze in the flesh.

Let us know how it goes? Bet it's an absolute corker though!

In my experience they're a lot of fun with a bit of a shorter stem.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    much nicer, really don't like the bronze in the flesh.

Let us know how it goes? Bet it's an absolute corker though!

In my experience they're a lot of fun with a bit of a shorter stem.

I used to run quite a long stem on my SS because I always cracked my knee on the light bracket when standing up and honking up a hill with the 60mm one I built it up with
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Lol, i run them as short as i can get away with! Riser bars help!
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    As much as I want to hate it for being an SS, I really like that, a cracking looking bike. Those ridgid forks look brilliant remind of Kona project 2s.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Cracking bike mate, was tempted to get one myself, someone was selling a virtually brand new one on here a couple months back for about £250 - soooooo wish I had bought it for general duties...

Anyway, she looks nice. I have never understood the hatred for SSers, they have a purpose in my eyes, as long as you get that magic ratio......
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!

(although i'm still not sure about rigid forks) :|
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    Wow, that's more like it, thanks guys :D

Now you can see why I was so tempted in the first place, I kept seeing it there every time I went in to have a mooch around, so just had to have it in the end. It was £420 which is a good saving off the 09 £599 price tag. Mine does have cheaper brakes and the wheels are different too...heavier I think, as the whole bikes weighs 27 lbs where as the 09 is only 27.5 lbs.

I have already changed the bar and stem, as they were over sized. I have got a 2" rise with a 90mm stem
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Love the bike Darra8, how are you getting on with it?