For F*** sake a rant about fruit booters

Comments

• MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    I've had both snobbery and reverse snobbery - it was snobbery that put me off riding when I was about 16 - did'nt have much cash , saved for monthes for an entry level Kona Lava Dome. Constantly got ripped by a d1ck we used to ride with who had a GT RTS, annoyingly he was quite a good rider.

Now I've got a fairly nice bike(not a superbike by any standards I know), thats drawn the odd "you don't want to get your new bike dirty" and that kind of sarcastic crap.

It's not what you ride, it's how you ride and whether you enjoy it!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    Birchy. When your in a hole stop digging.
    People already think your an arse off the grand total of 3 replys in this sections. All the gear no idea i think is the phrase that applies to you.
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • actualy i withdraw my last commet birchy your an arse more so than me
  • BurtonM
    FCJ.
    I suppose your right. Its always the good hearted people who are being victimised. Fair enough its not as extreme on the forum, however. Its people like that which take away the reputation that cycling has built up, and because i have a passion for mountain biking, it annoys me when people act in a selfish or unkind manor people who have done nothing wrong
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    dont ride full DH mate i know my limits and well yea if you do go to events like fort bill then like me you stand back bewidered how much speed they carry on sections even more so as mate rides fort bill now and again and is amazed like me at the speed they carry
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I really don't care if you have a nice bike or a bad bike (as long as it isn't dangerous, then i might point it out) or if you can ride well or not, as long as your not a dick about it.
  • birchy boasting about over taking people on descent is not big or funny! sounds like you did it very foolishly too! and the people you over took must have been realy put of by you and your mate as you were chukling bout them only just turning up as you are nearly finished packing
  • BurtonM
    Now now FCJ, chillax and take a deep breath :)
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• deep breath

birchy fhdh@JPK@ GFHFHJZX @PJ}{P FDGGSHV :O:K:OIIP: BDFGSD BGSDFGDTY RHFDFGH!!!!! get a set of mtfu!
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    edited October 2009
    Skonk wrote:
    birchy wrote:
    up at dalby last weekend just about to do the last section we got caught behind some of these rich city folk on top end bikes doing about 2 mph anyway they let me and my mate by and we were gone nailing it :twisted: , we got to the end both laughing thinking what they must have been thinking plus when they got down we were almost packed up and ready to go 8)

Perhaps they were laughing about how they got more of a day out for their £7 than you did since they were taking their time and enjoying the ride?

But yeh, there is definatly some reverse snobbery going on here too.

People will buy a bike which is within their budget, thats all; some people have more disposable income than others so their budget will be a higher.

Why does it matter?

There's no law that says you have to buy the cheapest bike if your budget allows for something a little better.

@ the original poster, are you sure you wern't giving off any wierd vibes to the guy because you were subconciously a little jelous of him ?

haha i may have been jealous of his bike but def not jealous of him,as he had recently lost his job and was 15 years my senior. if you re-read my original post you may get a better idea of why i got pissed off! he was dissing my bike, and he wouldnt even ride his in the mud! it was like 7 grand bike, whats the point if your not going to ride it!.

at 1st he seemed like a decent bloke, but then he started chatting BS and i pretty much stereotyped him after 10 mins, cos he was "one of them" all the gear no idea and full of poo!

after reading through these replies im happy to admit that i am extremely happy to admit that i am guilty of reversed snobbery, this is because i am ghetto and always have been :lol:
    ive always detested the "all the gear no idea" people- i dont know why, maybe its a british class thing :oops:

it reminds me of a comedy sketch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYY1QGK ... o_response
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • birchy
    didnt over take on the the descent but on the twisting singletrack about 50 metres in well before any techinal stuff ( not thats anything to technical in dalby) we would never over take anyone foolishly as it may result in injury to ourselfs or the other riders the only time we do slighty mad passing moves is on each other when the mood calls for it as we know each others riding styles and general lines. and we didnt laugh at them but to each other about the pace we were setting once we past.
  • BurtonM
    go away please.
    your middle name is not steve peat, so dont make out as if you are.
    and now yur critising trail centres, as if your bigger than them all.
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• and you have just gone back on what you said
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    birchy wrote:
    didnt over take on the the descent but on the twisting singletrack about 50 metres in well before any techinal stuff ( not thats anything to technical in dalby) we would never over take anyone foolishly as it may result in injury to ourselfs or the other riders the only time we do slighty mad passing moves is on each other when the mood calls for it as we know each others riding styles and general lines. and we didnt laugh at them but to each other about the pace we were setting once we past.

sod that theory if i see a chance tp pass i would take it! i hate getting stuck behind people on good dh sections, it means you have to go all the way back up to do it again :wink:
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • BurtonM
    who ?
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• birchy
  • BurtonM
    that was a sarcastic comment btw FCJ.
    As if it wasnt obvious that hes a absolute ucnt
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• :oops:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Right, let's draw a line under this! Or the thread will be locked or moved.

• birchy
    i have not gone back on what i said retards i never said we passed them on the actual descent i said in my first post we waited to get by as for all the gear no idea i have a top fuel for banging all day rides 50 miles plus xc, ex9 for trail centres and full more extreme xc routes going upto the 7 stanes etc.
    i service both bikes myself everything but the forks plus i do a few of my mates bikes so i guess that counts me out of the all the gear no idea quote.
    i imagine some you cant even repair a puncture while out on a ride if you dont have a spare tube
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    NO MORE! Next to post any inflammatories will get a warning, and the thread will be deleted/locked.

Now kiss and make up and behave lol.
  • fairly good thread ruined by keyboard warriors
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    birchy wrote:
    i imagine some you cant even repair a puncture while out on a ride if you dont have a spare tube

Thats what my butler on his quad-bike is for isn't it?? Not that i am a snob of course :wink:

Not flaming - just trying to lighten the mood!
  • birchy
    edited October 2009
    as for knocking trail centres h&s have sanitised dalby compared to what it was that was ment by that its still a good ride but has not been allowed to devlop like gt or inners where the scottish h&s/fc have different ideas of what a red or black trail limits should be.
    oh and your the ones comparing me to steve peat i didnt go comparing you to gordon brown ie full of sh#t dribble
  • birchy
    SPIRO wasnt there once a thread somewhere along those lines and stupid stuff like that :lol:
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    birchy wrote:
    SPIRO wasnt there once a thread somewhere along those lines and stupid stuff like that :lol:

No idea mate, the butlers out cleaning my collection of bugatti's - I will get the maid to check the t'interweb thingy for moi :lol:
  • birchy ss has said end of you better follow haste like all of us have done
  • birchy
    yea i know dont you just love a heated debate though :wink:

need to get off though as i'm at work at 4 am :shock: and i am ment to be doing a night ride tomorrow 8)
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    I know all about trail snobbery - on monday i went up to Swinley with two mates, one has an apollo fs that cost about £150, the other had a ridge back that cost about 250, and i was one my decathlon that cost £370. We are all fairly decent riders, but the mid-life crisis affected 40 somethings with their orange 5's and specialized stumpjumpers's still looked at us as if we were turds sitting in their way until they saw us riding. It doesn't matter how much your bike cost or how well you ride (well it still matters a bit) if your having fun, and i expect we were having more fun since we weren't worrying about 2 grand smashing into a tree.