Specialized 2009 Allez Which Replacement Headset?

mrdoofer
mrdoofer Posts: 71
edited October 2009 in Workshop
I need to replace the integrated headset on my 2009 Allez, I would prefer to change the whole thing instead of just the bearings to try and get the bars slightly lower, currently there are no spacers underneath the stem just the tall headset cap that came with the bike. Which headset could I get as a replacement?

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    I think from the sparse info out there that you have a Specialized mindset fitted. Working on that and a couple of forum entry's a Cane Creek IS-2 wil fit.

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index ... 67183.html
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Thanks I spied this one earlier. I didnt think it would be possible to remove the cups as they are (as I understand it) part of the frame? maybe I should inspect further.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    It's an integrated headset so you only change the bearings/headset MORE INFO HERE You'll see the 16CC comes with 2 different cap heights but I dont know if it's the right spec. Specialized will always say no to other headsets as they want you to fit their kit via their retailers
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    These are the conclusions I'd come to about the mindset in my Roubaix, haven't got round to doing it yet.

[incidentally, am amused by the reference to 'Cane Creak' in your second link - creaking is one of the reasons why I want to replace my Spesh one ! Main reason is that the race is corroded...]