Female Riding Partner Wanted For Muddy Fun In Thames Valley!

OxfordGTOwnersClb
OxfordGTOwnersClb Posts: 27
edited November 2009 in Women
Hi all

I'm going to level with you - I love mountain biking. I also love women! (I'm only Human!) Ideally, I'd combine the two interests into one super-duper hobby!
I'm guessing there must be some ladies out there thinking the same thing - where can I find a fun, pleasingly attractive male mountain-biking buddy?! (although, probably not as many as I'd hope!) To that end I'd love to hear from any ladies in the Oxford/Thames Valley area who are seeking a male riding partner this Autumn.
Nothing serious, just some muddy fun in the woods!

If you're interested, please PM me and we can get the ball rolling! I look forward to hearing from you!

:D

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lol, we aren't a dating website!

Though what GT do you have?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    haha, time to sit back and watch the carnage I reckon.
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    reminds me of a thread a while ago....

OxfordGTOwnersClb
    Might I suggest you go to a bar and actually speak to a few females..... :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Thing that scares me is that this isn;t one bloke, it's a whole club of GT riders in Oxford. I think they're looking for an orgy or something :shock:
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Well not much else to do in Oxford.
  • Okay you lot, I know I left myself well and truly open to this, but come on!
    Anyway, who said I was single?! Just looking for a female riding buddy that's all!

I'm afraid I am just one guy, I was attempting to suggest from my username that there weren't many of us in Oxford. Irony lost on yeehaamcgee, obviously!
    Supersonic, I have a 2007 Zaskar expert, which I love. I can only imagine how awesome your Zaskar carbon is!
  • Anonymous
    Oh come on, you can't honestly blame me for not seeing the "irony". Christ almighty, how socially inept are you?
    I bet you're one of those people who struggles to find a joke to crack when in company, and then falls flat on his face when you interrupt everyone to tell it wrong.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    yeehaa, stick a skirt on and go along, you never know the jokes might be good and you might even get a free babycham at the end :wink::lol::lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Anonymous
    :lol: Well I do have long hair! I think the stubble and the size of me might give the game away though :lol:
  • scale20
    Fair enough, Im in Oxford during the week, bit of slap on and I'll go along. Look like one of those women off that bounty kitchen roll advert :lol::lol::lol:

OxfordGTOwnersClb I drink pedigree :lol::lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Anonymous
    Hey, might get a few free beers out of it! I never thought of that! :lol:
  • scale20
    Make sure the bikes all locked out and you have your spuds on for a quick get away :lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Lol, went up to shotover last night for a night ride, kinda disappointed not to see any doggers :(

I suggest you come along on some of the uni rides.
  • Oh come on, you can't honestly blame me for not seeing the "irony". Christ almighty, how socially inept are you?
    I bet you're one of those people who struggles to find a joke to crack when in company, and then falls flat on his face when you interrupt everyone to tell it wrong.

Magic. From the bloke with over 5000 posts on an internet forum. Way to welcome a new forum-goer on here. Chump.
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    I heard a rumour that this thread is useless without pictures.
  • scale20
    Well, we got dolled up but he never showed :lol::lol:

bounty.jpg
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • well you got to say at least GT guy has the balls to ask unlike myself !!!!
    Because if i asked my lil lady would probably chop mine off... then mince em and feed em me through a straw.so on that note i leave him to it.good luck!!
  • Anonymous
    Magic. From the bloke with over 5000 posts on an internet forum. Way to welcome a new forum-goer on here. Chump.

WOW, you retort as well! Socially inept, stupid, and too much self confidence. The ultimate combination :lol:
  • Magic. From the bloke with over 5000 posts on an internet forum. Way to welcome a new forum-goer on here. Chump.

WOW, you retort as well! Socially inept, stupid, and too much self confidence. The ultimate combination :lol:

:D
    I can see we're going to get on!
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    anjs wrote:
    Well not much else to do in Oxford.

I'll second that!!!

To be honest, I have to admire Mr OxfordGT for his honestly and his courage for posting this here :) Although judging from most of the university drunks that I have encountered in some of the old dives I used to visit around town, I don't rate his chances of using one-liners in a bar to find nice female riding company. Especially as most university students cannot ride a bike of any description properly to save their life! (watching them whizz by in all directions in any town centre street, without due care or attention to where they are going, is enough to convince me of that!)

Mind you, fair play. Up until a few years ago, I used to bike around with a few girls but thought nothing of it. It turned out that two of them admitted they were on the lookout for 'nice fit men', which was the end of my roll in the hay! My point is that there ARE some girls out there who do sports to meet men. So if the oppotunity arises, why not get friendly?

With that said, maybe it would be easier for you to join a gym and meet women there..?!

KK.
  • Hold on, hold on.

Everyone's assumed I'm posting this thread in an inane attempt to get laid! Not the case. I just wanted to see what it might be like to ride with a woman/women for a change.
    Secondly, although I'm on Oxford, I am certainly no student! Oxford born and bred I'm afraid.

So can anyone help me with the MTBing scene in Oxford? I've looked up Witney MTB club, which I understand is the only club in the region? Is anyone on here a member, is it any good?
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    No worries mate, I'm not saying that you are a student... nor am I for that matter (thank god!)!

I'm only joking about :) I understand where you are coming from here, and you are right about female riders being a change of scene.. after all, we are supposed to be living in a sexually equal society etc etc.

Have you tried asking the CTC? I think the Oxford branch does have an offroad section within it for local mtb rides. I tried one or two and quite alot of riders join in, of both sexes and all abilities.

KK.