Danny MacAskill & his tricks

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Have you seen this guy perform? Just been watching him on you tube and in all fairness to him he is superb!! How the hell he does some of those tricks is beyond me.

Here he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

How come this boy hasn't had much coverage as i can't imagine there are many better than him out there (unless there was some amazing camera trickery going on)!!.
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• hasnt had much coverage?

he has had loads my friend under a rock
    not long ago he did a music video for the doves!
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    errm sorry to break it to you. that video has been around for a bit now. I think even the roadies had it posted in their section a while back.

Danny Mac does get a bit of coverage. I think he is well known in the trials circuit? I guess cycling as a whole doesn't get as much mainstream limelight as say football so can be easy to miss things.

good to see the video again none the less.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    jairaj wrote:
    errm sorry to break it to you. that video has been around for a bit now. I think even the roadies had it posted in their section a while back.

Danny Mac does get a bit of coverage. I think he is well known in the trials circuit? I guess cycling as a whole doesn't get as much mainstream limelight as say football so can be easy to miss things.

good to see the video again none the less.

I saw him speaking and he said he wasn't good enough to do really well in competitive trials. He says he puts his foot down too much! :shock:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    jairaj wrote:
    I think he is well known in the trials circuit?.

Think that might win understatement of the year. :wink:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    jairaj wrote:

I just guess i am one of those who has missed him and have only just been alerted to his skills! Wish i could add more than a couple of 180s,the odd wheelie and a few bunny hops to my very limited repertoire haha
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • Jenks66
    Jenks66 Posts: 96
    I believe he has just been signed by Red Bull so will get lots of coverage now

Possibly the most talked about cyclist in the word even Lance Armstrong is impressed by his riding, complements don’t much bigger than that.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9mhcim ... PL&index=9

This was his last video made for S1 jobs , this is the full version not the little 30 second one shown in Scotland.

Great rider.
  • ellieb
    ellieb Posts: 436
    Possibly the most talked about cyclist in the word even Lance Armstrong is impressed by his riding, complements don’t much bigger than that.

Who on earth is Lance Armstrong. Have I missed his careeer somehow?
  • ellieb wrote:

YOU SIR MUST BE AN ABSOLUTE UNTC that is if you are being serious
  • Pete-C
    Pete-C Posts: 353
    ellieb wrote:

YOU SIR MUST BE AN ABSOLUTE UNTC that is if you are being serious
    Ahh the young and old cant notice sarcasm
    "Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
    Pitch Comp
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the latest Danny Vid. for VW

http://vimeo.com/7284070
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cheers nick
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    Have you seen this guy perform? Just been watching him on you tube and in all fairness to him he is superb!! How the hell he does some of those tricks is beyond me.

Here he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

How come this boy hasn't had much coverage as i can't imagine there are many better than him out there (unless there was some amazing camera trickery going on)!!.

I first saw this video after reading about it in WMB on holiday in July when it had 6million views. It now has 11,654,764 views :shock:
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • timmys
    timmys Posts: 191
    nicklouse wrote:
    the latest Danny Vid. for VW

http://vimeo.com/7284070

Band of Horses, Doves and now The Joy Formidable - Mac-a-skill videos seem to have an uncanny ability to feature bands I love!
  • Mate of mine met him quite a few years ago in Newcastle when they were doing trials, said Danny was s*** hot back then, he's been around for a while and is getting the coverage and rewards he deserves for his talent. He's alo a super nice happy guy to talk too as well.