News Flash - Trails Empty!!!

cee
cee Posts: 4,553
edited October 2009 in MTB general
mwahahahahah...i love this time of year.....

A mate and me arrived at Glentress at about 4pm yesterday and the only other person we saw for the whole ride was one guy just finishing the descent....

Remember summer when you couldn't get a space in the car park....those days are gone!

mwahahahahahahah!
Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    They were all in AFAN!
    Manic there over the weekend!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Arten't the trails at AFAN a bit boggy and worn?
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    Arten't the trails at AFAN a bit boggy and worn?
    surpisingly no?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    That is a shock. I'd have thought the trails would have been battered to bits. Oh well looks like i have a plan for this weekend then
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    glad i didn't go to afan this weekend then, cwmcarn was reasonably quiet this weekend aswell :D
  • I was at Afan this weekend, car park was rammed but saw hardly anyone on the trails!

The trails are getting a bit weather worn though I have to admit, especially as me and the lads took most of the trails home with us, we were covered in muck!

'08 Kona Cowan, Sunrise Big Mammoth Fat rims, Marzocchi DJ fork, Avid BB5 brakes
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Car parks were full because they were preparing the "Satanic Rites" rehearsal deep within the forest. Full dress rehearsal apparently. The Big day is on 31st October now, midnight.

Menu includes: Fried Nick Griffin.
    Bolied Postman.
    Grilled Simon Cowell.
    Choice of starters: Deep fried Gordon Brown or Milliband salad.
    Desert: Chery Cole, drizzled with honey.

Entry fee: 2 pints of Virgin Blood, so it'll be quiet due to a lack of local supplies.
    Fancy Dress optional, but NO Roadies! ( Legs will be checked for smoothness...)

Contact Dr.Acula, Blood Bank, Heath Hospital, Cardiff.
    ( Special Surprise Guest: Michael Jackson, supported by Steven Gately.)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Went to Glentress for the first week of September, and it was pretty empty then as well.
  • cee
    Went to Glentress for the first week of September, and it was pretty empty then as well.

even at the weekend? I find that surprising....but then, I only go to GT every now and then...
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ah, no we were there from Tuesday to Friday.
  • cee
    aye...it has been empty everytime i have been midweek, no matter what time of year....

was a bit surprised yesterday though.....fair enough it got dark early....but GT is better at night anyway!

H.G. Wells.