Top shop in Surrey Hills

Ro5ey
Ro5ey Posts: 13
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I would like to repay a wonderful favour…

If anyone is biking in the Surrey Hills, more specifically Peaslake, and is in need of any Biking spares, I would like to recommend to you the shop Pedals and Spokes. The fella in there, Howard, is a top top guy….

I killed my back wheel early into a ride on Sunday morning, cracking the rim, made it back to this little shop and asked for a new back wheel. They only had one and it was in this kind chap’s words “sorry a bit expensive”, he was waiting for a delivery on others. He did no more but to ask me, “Would you like to lend a back wheel from one of our hire bikes??” … How cool was that !?! … I very happily accepted and as I was popping his wheel onto my bike he actually apologised that it was a budget wheel, but at least it would keep me on the trails !!!! ( I had driven 90 mins from Essex )

It certainly did keep me on the trails and I took his wheel back about 90mins later. There was never even a hint of him charging me for this, which he could have easily done and I would have been more than happy to pay.

Apart from being a MTB lifesaver, if his intention was to spread the good word about his new shop then I hope my post here has done that.

If Howard reads this then…. Thanks once again. I looking forward to biking in Surrey hills soon and will make sure that I’m in need of something, so that I might actually buy something off of you !!

Comments