Insurance Claim for Retro MTB

zombiejack
zombiejack Posts: 29
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Hi guys! I really need some help. I'v eposted this on Retrobike but no replies as yet!

About five years ago I got hold of a near perfect specialized s-works m2 1998, the bike I wanted when I was 17 and built it up. It's stayed in great condition at my parents house (no room here) untiil yesterday when it was nicked by some horrible scrotes. I have no idea how much to claim for in insurance. Please could someone help me cost the bike or any seperate parts? All in (really) excellent condtion.

Specialized m2 xx s-works frame in team red
late 90s XTR group set excluding wheelset and brakes
White Brothers SC70 forks
Magura raceline brakes (yellow)
X-lite cross country riser bars
X-lite stem
Chris King headset
Thomson Elite Seatpost
Flite Titanium saddle
Wheels: XT hubs with mavic rims (can't remember which ones!)
Generic flat pedals, grips and seatclamp

Thank you in advance for any help!

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Hmm, tricky, I don't know how much the retro factor would increase/decrease the value. Maybe ask on RetroBike.

You could also ask an LBS to quote you a replacement build, same spec, but 21st century stuff!

you say you don't know what rims you had, but I'm guessing you've got pics of the bike/receipts? Or something to prove the spec, insurers might be awkward otherwise.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    collect all your recipts and that is the value, or take the bike to a bike shop for a valuation, at a cost.

Oh a bit late now.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown