Kings Cross Station

James_MTB
James_MTB Posts: 8
edited October 2009 in Commuting chat
About to start a new job in London, arriving at Kings Cross. Is anyone aware of any decent place to leave a bike there overnight instead of me having to take a fold up with me every day on the train?

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    James_MTB wrote:
    About to start a new job in London, arriving at Kings Cross. Is anyone aware of any decent place to leave a bike there overnight instead of me having to take a fold up with me every day on the train?

That depends if you want it to still be there in the morning, I work at KingsX trust me fold it up and take it home.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I was thinking a real cheapo second hand thing. Locked up with my top end Kryptonite lock.

So are there any racks or anything suitable? Even a paid for service whereby you hire summiit maybe?
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Cycle park in NCP next to St Pancras is free, manned 24 hours:

http://www.eurostar.com/pdf/stations/SP ... es_map.pdf
  • Ace, thanks for that.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    James_MTB wrote:
    Ace, thanks for that.

Not a recommendation, I've never used it, but it sounds safe.

But then I know somebody who witnessed an entire stand of bikes being loaded into the back of a lorry, opposite a police station.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Hi,

Again - not a recommendation, but there are lots of racks in the station quite a way away from the entrance (I used to commute from there). At the far end of platform 8. They're covered by CCTV (well - the cameras are there)

Might be worth checking the new St Pancras station too.

DON'T lock the bike up outside the station. It won't be there the next day.
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    I've seen kids stealing bikes attached to lamposts and railings in broad daylight, just down the road from the station, so defo don't leave it like that.
  • Folder every time in my opinion.

Kings X - cycle theft grand central
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire