Critical about cannabis?

Mark Alexander
Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
http://twitter.com/mgalex
www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business

Comments

• CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    What are the chances of getting a decent, coherent review out of the average pot-head though?
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    I would encourage more people to smoke it openly in public!

I'm down on tcikets and arrests this month :twisted:
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • pepelepew
    pepelepew Posts: 180
    Mithras wrote:
    I would encourage more people to smoke it openly in public!

I'm down on tcikets and arrests this month :twisted:

It's all massaging figures though isn't it. The latest performance indicator for us is positive stop search (stop search resulting in arrest for the unitiated). There are loads of hiding paces where you can find cars 4 up having a cheeky spliff. If all four have some blow on them you've got four positive searches. Bingo! The bosses think you're top cop.

I'm not a fan, but sometimes needs must. 'Picking off the low hanging fruit' I think they call it.
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Do you know what, Jack? You're full of sh!t.
    Det. Insp. Jack Regan: I thought it was about time you made an intellectual contribution to this debate.
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Boll@cks.
  • I don't condone smoking marijuana when in control of a vehicle, but walking down the street? Come on - hardly crime of the century, is it!?

Nice to see Plod have their priorities governed by KPI's. Never mind the real criminals, let's up the numbers and keep the politicians happy.

Then again, I suspect that half the 5ft 1in eleven stone female police officers that you see aren't actually capable of doing anything other than "picking off the low hanging fruit".
  • pepelepew
    pepelepew Posts: 180
    I don't condone smoking marijuana when in control of a vehicle, but walking down the street? Come on - hardly crime of the century, is it!?

Nice to see Plod have their priorities governed by KPI's. Never mind the real criminals, let's up the numbers and keep the politicians happy.

Then again, I suspect that half the 5ft 1in eleven stone female police officers that you see aren't actually capable of doing anything other than "picking off the low hanging fruit".

I agree with you. I don't want to be dealing with some of the crap, but it's all targets. Common sense policing has gone out of the window. Very little discretion. So if Chantelle gets a text from Kyle saying a few immature things it's logged as harassment. It's crap, but it's got to be dealt with. Unless you get good at cuffing. :wink:

It's all abut ticking boxes. The reality of it is that we are measured by KPIs whether we like it or not. It's cyclical though, next month it will be domestics or seatbelts or whatever the Home Office deem flavour of the month. Then 'Operation Overkill'. So the spliff-heads get a reprieve.

Not going to get drawn into commenting on current recruitment policies. :shock:
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Do you know what, Jack? You're full of sh!t.
    Det. Insp. Jack Regan: I thought it was about time you made an intellectual contribution to this debate.
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Boll@cks.