Last night's Krautrock/Kraftwerk TV

Not Another Hill
Not Another Hill Posts: 382
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
Really interesting. You could see where all the ambient house stuff came from.

Thought the Kraftwerk gig was fab. At the time (70s), I never really got into them but having watched the programme last night I was really impressed. Listen to a lot of Trance (sad for a man my age) and can see how that has evolved out of the Kraftwerk stuff.

Will be looking to download some Kraftwerk today :D

Comments

• Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited October 2009
    I think they were selected tracks from the Minimum Maximum DVD, although from the German language version. You can get the full 2 hour concert from the usual retailers (or torrents if you don't want to be a patron).

Also available is a 3 hour documentary about so called Krautrock, that (I think) the BBC based their own documentary on. It's certainly a similar structure of course. The best interviewee in the BBC doc was Neu's Michael Rother, but the DVD also has insightful comments from music writers as well as the musicians themselves, which helps give a better perspective.

The DVD is called Kraftwerk and the Electronic Revolution. Trailer here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMP-k_j8QWU
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    Not watched it yet, but looking forward to it. I do like my Kraut Rock
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Will watch this on the iPlayer later I think. Missed it as there was other nonsense on that the family wanted to watch.
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    They usually repeat it the next week, if you fancy watching it in the comfort of your armchair. Though it's often late night.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Get their "Tour De France" CD, they're all big (German) cycling fans.Oi, Ullrich, that's you!

Great tracks to get sweaty turbo-ing to. Inside sleeve is all cycling related too.
    Vorsrung Durch Beicio, as we say in Wales...