After your commute what shoes do you wear at work

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited October 2009 in Commuting chat
Yep, I am really asking.

Couple questions:

(i)I keep my shoes in a drawer in my desk because I really couldn't be bothered taking them home everyday, plus they're cheap I have nicer shoes at home for when I need them.

Do you leave your shoes at work or take them home with you (on a normal day's commute)?

(ii) What shoes do you wear at work?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    I'm lucky as we have a shower here so full change of clothes with safety boots for the warehouse.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    This forum is getting more bizarre everyday.
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    I wear the same shoes I cycle in. But then I'm a flat-pedal-having freak.
  • I have a beaten up pair of trainers I keep under my desk, luckily shoes are not compulsory in the office, but I still smoke :( so have to go outside occassionally.

GA
    New to the Game

FCN 8
    SP Tricross, Mudguards, Rack, SPD's and Baggies, Panniers.
    May have to grow a beard to make up for my lack of fitness.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I have a locker in which I leave the Daddy of all shoes - Doc Martins. I have been wearing them (not the same pair) for over 25 years, and would never consider any other shoe.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Jamey wrote:
    I wear the same shoes I cycle in. But then I'm a flat-pedal-having freak.

my commute is so short that I just wear work clothes... so cheap casual shoes as it's a not a suit type job. i'm mostly in jeans t-shirts.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I usually wear my spds (spec BG sport) round the lab, cannot be bothered to change them but do keep an old battered pair of merrells under my desk for when i get soaked.

If i ride a mtb into the lab then i'll wear my gore-tex merrells all day.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    This forum is getting more bizarre everyday.

No its just DDD has taken off his brain filters recently and more is coming forth that people didn't expect... much like the spanish inquisition

and leave spare shoes at work all the time
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clarks slip-on shoes, great for taking on work trips (lots of airport security checks).
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    On my fixie I wear Converse All Star hi tops, so, when it is not wet I wear them at work. However, when it is wet I have a pair of converse and a pair of formal shoes in my box under my desk......
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I try to not put shoes on for as long as possible, I made it until lunch the other day.
    I have a nice pair of old school businessy type shoes (like brogues, but without the holes) that I wear when I get around to putting them on.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Just a pair of trainers, though my normal work wear is a hoody and jeans
    *2007 Stumpjumper Comp* - The weekend toy
    *2009 Btwin Sport 1* - The cheap commuter roadie
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Cheap Asda specials in the drawer.

They are supposed to be leather but by the way they pong I am having serious doubts.
    Time to get some nice shoes for out of work and relegate my current Rockport shoes to the drawer.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    I keep my only pair of smart shoes permanently stationed at work, it's the only place I'll usually need them. If there's an occasion where I know I'll need smart shoes out of work I have to make sure I remember to take them home!
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    For the first hour or so I walk around in my cycling shoes until I remember to change out of them. I leave a pair of formal wear at work. Never need them at home. Yet.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    *face palm*
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    These ............ :roll:

sky332.jpg

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Pair of Charles Church heavy brogues, god am I down there with the kids or what :D
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yep, I am really asking.

Couple questions:

(i)I keep my shoes in a drawer in my desk because I really couldn't be bothered taking them home everyday, plus they're cheap I have nicer shoes at home for when I need them.

Do you leave your shoes at work or take them home with you (on a normal day's commute)?

(ii) What shoes do you wear at work?
    DDD, what are you going to do with the information?
    Reminds me of....

Step 1: Collect underpants.
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Profit.

"Wait, wait, wait, what's step 2?"
  • PARIS75
    PARIS75 Posts: 85
    Thread of the year or what :shock:

Just about beats the Tesco trolley thread... 8)
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    A nice pair of Tretorn pumps :roll:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    tebbit wrote:
    Pair of Charles Church heavy brogues, god am I down there with the kids or what :D

I'm really tempted to get a pair, maybe the ones that don't have holes in them...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    In the words of a true Bristolian "Theyz me daps mind"
  • Keep some nice smart shoes at work, (although it is a pain in the back when I have to take my big hefty workboot in with me. so keep a full change of everything at work)

Next suit shoes.... black.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    gtvlusso wrote:
    On my fixie I wear Converse All Star hi tops, so, when it is not wet I wear them at work. However, when it is wet I have a pair of converse and a pair of formal shoes in my box under my desk......

Sorry you wear what on your bike? Some kind of Plimsoll? Are you mad? They are bendy!
  • ince
    ince Posts: 289
    I have a pair of trainers under the desk.

The fun part is walking across the building in my socks from where I get changed to my office. I have had some odd looks.

Some days I can sit there till 10 - 10:30 before I need to put the trainners on which is nice to let the old feet breath after the ride in.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    FFS, cheap Next jobbies, they live at work, hence the pervading smell of Gorgonzola in the office.

I keep a ratty old pair of shoes at home for days when I go to client sites without visiting the office first (I'm in Consultancy so this happens a lot)

Is this your first office job or what?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol:

PS: when you've started, check out the felafel wraps from the little Arabic place up the top of leather lane...mmmmmmmmmmm <<drool>>

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    steel toe capped boots left in locker at work
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Same black leather shoes that I rode in on. Pedals on my Ridgeback Supernova are SPD one side and flats on the other. Too much hassle for too short a distance to be shoe swapping
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • chaz81
    chaz81 Posts: 19
    A set of 'Altberg Peacekeepers' :D