cleaning white seat?

ukracer
ukracer Posts: 421
edited October 2009 in Road beginners
My selle italia has gone creamy/dirty coloured.
tried baby wipes but still no good anyone got any tips?

Comments

• Only ever used Mr Sheen after every ride on a white seat and it returned to looking new.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Diluted bleach, cif bathroom cleaner, or washing up liquid and elbow grease.

Also heard that WD40 works, but never tried it myself
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • robd75
    robd75 Posts: 147
    degreaser works on mine
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    baby wipes
    Cycling weakly
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'd go with baby wipes and toothpaste.

I wouldn't risk bleach or WD40 on something that I perch my sweaty behind on.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Depends on whether it's leather or synthetic - synthetics like Lorica are a lot more forgiving, but more Selle Italias are generally leather so needed to be treated more carefully.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I've put the white saddle away for the winter, because it's so hard to clean. :?

Lighter Fluid / Isopropyl Alcohol - both good for removing grease/oil/anything sticky and evaporate afterwards, leaving no marks. Good for leather and handlebar tape.

Degreaser / Thin liquid oil - can remove almost anything, although can smudge dirty marks all over the place, so be careful. Not good for leather or bar tape.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Get rid of it and go black. You'll never go back. :wink:
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    +1 for baby wipes. I didn't believe it until I tried it but those things will clean anything.
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    I have 4 kids ranging from 13 to 21. I know that Babywipes have to clean some REALLY nasty s**t up.... literally. :shock:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Toothpaste works also.

Hence ''The Colgate ring of confidence'' ?. :lol:
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Toothpaste works also.

Hence ''The Colgate ring of confidence'' ?. :lol:

...just a thought...

...if I was a girl, and her partner had recently taken up this hobby of cycling...
    ...then he came back home, after spending several hours away, panting and covered in sweat, maybe feeling a little sore...
    ...but his @rse smelt of toothpaste... :shock:
    ...I'd be kinda suspicious as to what he'd actually been up to! :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Zephr
    Zephr Posts: 60
    no idea what it would do to a snazzy italian saddle, but SWARFEGA.
    Gotta be the way forward
    FCN 11. When you hear the buzz of the nobblies, you know youve been scalped.