solution to slow browsing this site

peanut
peanut Posts: 1,373
Simply download Adblock and block all the animation on this site then you will be able to use the forum and reviews :x

Comments

• I'm having the same problem trying to use this site....but only recently have I had the problem.
    Really, really slow.
  • Just downloaded adblocker as I use Firefox too...and it is better...much
  • peanut
    yes its cured the slowness on my PC too.
    It confirms beyond doubt that it is the flash adverts on the site that is causing the problems . I suspect that it may be related to XP service packs or the lack of them.I do not install them .
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    peanut wrote:
    yes its cured the slowness on my PC too.
    It confirms beyond doubt that it is the flash adverts on the site that is causing the problems . I suspect that it may be related to XP service packs or the lack of them.I do not install them .

It's not the cause and neither is it causing the problems but Service Pack 3 is mandatory on XP for security and patches alone. And it's not detrimental to performance or perceived performance in any way so there's no reason not to install it.
  • peanut
    [

It's not the cause and neither is it causing the problems but Service Pack 3 is mandatory on XP for security and patches alone. And it's not detrimental to performance or perceived performance in any way so there's no reason not to install it.

SP3 is not mandatory you have a choice and some people choose to exercise it for reasons to suit themselves.Bahaaahaaa :lol: There is a considerable amount of business software that is not compatable as is lots of hardware including cctv etc etc :roll:

As for your comment about the flash ads if I am unable to use this site without adblock and I am able to use it by stopping the flash ads what does that tell you ? ermmmmmmmmmmm dohh :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • blister pus
    peanut wrote:
    SP3 is not mandatory you have a choice and some people choose to exercise it for reasons to suit themselves.Bahaaahaaa :lol:

True, your choice at the end of the day. But on balance and for what it offers and patches it far outweighs the negatives. Especially as the OS enters the final stages of it's lifecycle.
    peanut wrote:
    There is a considerable amount of business software that is not compatable as is lots of hardware including cctv etc etc :roll:

Actually there is very little software that SP3 is incompatible with now and any decent software, business or otherwise, would (should) have been long patched and rolled out as a core (and security) update.
    peanut wrote:
    As for your comment about the flash ads if I am unable to use this site without adblock and I am able to use it by stopping the flash ads what does that tell you ? ermmmmmmmmmmm dohh :roll: :roll: :roll:

I said it's not anything to do with service packs - or you choosing not to install them. Which it's not.
  • peanut
    actually I am not interested in your opinion on this issue and I doubt anyone else is either.

I posted this thread to inform other members of a solution to slow browsing on BR.

My solution works for me and at least one other member so it was worth it .

Why don't you shove off and annoy some other anorak that cares what you think
  • blister pus
    1) The solution was mentioned a while ago in a thread further down so your post is fucking worthless in the first place.

2) There is no opinion in what I wrote

3) Go with the flow you thick cvnt.