Recovery BaseLayer Experiences

deffler
deffler Posts: 829
edited October 2009 in Health, fitness & training
I am a big fan of wearing baselayers whenever Im doing sport, be it football, golf, cycling or running. Under Armour baselayers serve me well.

My problem is I find Im very stiff & ache for days after playing Sunday morning football. Ive been considering buying some recovery tights + top for a while however they are more expensive than a standard baselayer so before I shell out I would appreciate any experiences anyone could share.
Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I have Skins tights and they work.

But they are only an addition to doing recovery exercising and stretching.

If you are aching for days afterwards you are not doing enough of the above.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Could be a diet based issue in that you're not getting in enough of the correct nutrients to help your body recover from the exertion.

Another thing to try out is to try and do some swimming the next day and spent some time in a sauna and/or steam room. Taking hot baths with epsom salts is another good trick.
    Chas Roberts - DOGSBOLX
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    post exercise a little bit of carbs and protein, but mostly warm down (properly, 30mins below UT2) Then plenty of stretching. Compression kit, some people like it some people don't it's a case of if it works for you.

Make sure you warm up properly too. With active stretches during the warm up period.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Cheers all,

I always warm up beforehand, else I'd never get started, lol

I always fail with the warm down tho so thats a good point, thats an area I can & will look at.

With regards to the nutrition comment, Ive been toying with the idea of trying a recovery drink to see if that helps. I always keep myself hydrated before, during & after sport but never think of what Im eating afterwards.
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS