Charge Spoon

Ponyfeeder
Ponyfeeder Posts: 32
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Hi all. I have brought the charge spoon saddle after reading reviews of it. but it seems more uncomfortable than my standard boardman saddle. I have used it twice covering about 30 miles. Do saddles take time to breaking in, if so how long ?

Comments

• grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    Might just be that its not for you - saddles are a very personal thing. Might take a bit of breaking in but I reckon after 30 miles you should be able to tell if it's right for you or not.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Ponyfeeder wrote:
    Do saddles take time to breaking in, if so how long ?
    Some of them do but I've used two Spoons and they were both very comfortable from the off. If anything they started sagging slightly after a few months and became uncomfortable but otherwise they were great.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    As above, but saddles can take some time to bed in but not long usually especially if you are covering miles and the terrain is roughish. I couldn't get on with the spoon, thought it was shite tbh so stuck with my generic Giant saddle.

However, I've just taken receipt of a WTB Laser V Pro Cro-Mo and I love it. I've just put it in the Credit Crunch thread (buying section) I thought it was that good.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=10386

But saddles are personal as stated. Grab onto and cherish the one that's right for you.