www.flickr.com/photos/36755331@N07/4016560331/

Its circa 1984.
Shimano 600 front and rear mech.
Campag chainset and hubs.
Mavic M40 rims.
Turbo saddle.
Modolo speedy brakes.
Reynolds 531 frame and forks.

Ive totally reconditioned all components. All components have been stripped down, cleaned and greased and lube as required.

I may respray the frame at some point

Just need to get some authentic pedals / toe clips and thats it done :D

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Looks good. Just one request though. Please don't refer to 1984 as vintage. Makes me feel real old. I've got that bikes twin(more or less) on my trainer.
  • Stellite
    Stellite Posts: 544
    Sorry to make you feel old!

Did you buy your bike in the UK? Whats the history there?
  • Stellite

• dennisn
    Stellite wrote:

My comment that I had your bikes twin was just a reference to how much bikes looked
    like each other then. As opposed to some of the styling these days. I don't have the same bike. However a few decals and some paint and........
    No real history. Just a steel bike I've had since the 70's. All Suntour Superbe Pro equipped.
  • Stellite
    Nice.

I was wondering how a Quinn found its way over the pond :D
  • dennisn
    Stellite wrote:

My comment that I had your bikes twin was just a reference to how much bikes looked
    like each other then. As opposed to some of the styling these days. I don't have the same bike. However a few decals and some paint and........
    No real history. Just a steel bike I've had since the 70's. All Suntour Superbe Pro equipped. Everything except the rear mech still survives and works.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I had a custom Harry Quinn when I was a young man.
    Man, I wish I'd kept that frame, now. I can't remember what the ride was like, exactly, but it would have been nice to still have it, in the back of my garage.

Your bike looks great, I would suggest amber wall tyres and some really thin/ uncomfortable bar tape, like we used to use :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Stellite
    I have thought of the yellow tyres.

I did want to fit yellow bar tape and brake cables but I couldnt source any and really wanted to get out on the bike, so the black outers etc are just an interim measure until I source the yellow kit that was originally on the bike.