why is this site unusable?

peanut
peanut Posts: 1,373
I know that I have asked this question before without a satisfactory answer and occasionally things improve briefly but never for long.

I use XP Pro and Firefox.
I do not have popups blocked.
I have 10 sites on FF tabbed
This is the only site that I have ever had this problem with.

I use CC and YACF and Bike forums and TimeTrialing forums and retrobike and lots of others without ever a single problem!

It takes 20-30 seconds for each page to refresh on BR it always has.

It has taken me 3 minutes to navigate to this page to post this.

This site is totally unusable to me.

I cannot even use the windows tool bar at the top of the page as they take 10-15 seconds to respond.????

What on earth can it be that makes this website so poor ?

I wish I knew the answer so that I could post the solution for the webmaster who clearly needs some assistance

You are losing members and potential customers for your advertisers .

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    peanut, thanks - i'll pass this on to the tech bods.

I hope you get to read this message.
  • peanut
    Hi thanks for the quick response.
    Really miss using this site particularly the reviews, articles and forums.
  • Anonymous
    peanut - the bods need to know what your browser is doing/waiting on when this problem occurs - look in the bottom left of your browser when it occurs and post your findings here please.

Also - where in the world are you please (i know you say Somerset but people put all sorts of false info!)?

ta
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    M.Cole

Matt I had fun the other day trying to access the site on the bike shop PC

the scrolling CRC banner add killed the PC it was just not opening pages at any sort of usable speed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • peanut
    M.Cole wrote:
    peanut - the bods need to know what your browser is doing/waiting on when this problem occurs - look in the bottom left of your browser when it occurs and post your findings here please.

Also - where in the world are you please (i know you say Somerset but people put all sorts of false info!)?

ta

I'm near Crewkerne South Somerset

there is nothing in the bottom left ? All the animation is still running but the page is frozen and none of my tool bar icons work either ?
    Even closing down the BR tab on Firefox takes 7-12 seconds which gives you an idea of the extent of the problem. All the other tabs take a fraction of a second.

when i am on this site my Task manager processes shows CPU usage at 100% all the time even if i am doing nothing at all
  • Anonymous
    I've passed this on to the bods peanut, thanks for the info.

Hopefully they can sort the problem out.
  • peanut
    thanks for your help and quick response. Much appreciated. I really have missed being able to use this site for the past 9 months or so
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Try in another browser (IE or Safari), does that browser then work? If the CPU usage is flat out in task manager then its not the connection (I very much doubt) its a problem with how the browser is rendering the particular website.

Check Firefox is very latest version, check Flash Player is very latest version and check your OS is fully up-to-date. If you do all of those methodically Id be very surprised if you don't find the problem fixed.

Oh.... and of course that you're machine is free of viruses/spyware.