losing my way

gbs
gbs Posts: 450
If I exit a link embedded in a post (clicking the white cross on red background) a blank screen appears and all thread headings etc are greyed out. If I then click on the browser back button I am returned to the folder but not the subfolder in which I found the original thread and post. :?

This is a new problem. Nothing has changed in my PC set up for many months. Any thoughts?
vintage newbie, spinning away

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sorry i have no idea what you are talking about.

forum or site related?

do you have any screen shots of the problem?

what are you using FF, IE ?? or other?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gbs
    I was trying to describe a navigation problem with the forum; in summary, opening and closing a link within a post does not return you to the post (yr point of departure) but somewhere significantly higher up the folder structure.

Firefox user

I aimed the OP at forum admin but will welcome other responses.
  • nicklouse
    Yes but I still have no idea what the problem is.

To me it sounds more like your settings.

lets take a link in http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12534925

for me it opens in a new tab and i can close it and be back where i was in the previous window.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • gbs
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 307123.stm

The link within yr post worked perfectly and having opened and closed the link I returned to yr post.

The above, taken from today's postings (prorace folder, "there's confidence .......") works in exactly the way I mentioned in the original post. :x

Thanks for yr interest.
  • nicklouse
    gbs

that link you gave does the same as any link, for me, it opens in a new tab.

sorry I am still trying to find out what the problem is, but it does seem to be at your end.