Ordered my new bike... can hardly contain myself :-)

NIGEL_ASH
NIGEL_ASH Posts: 56
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Gone from a full suss to a hardtail, having tried a hardtail at Whinlatter last week, i'm totally hooked. It was so much better to ride.
Ordered a Cube LTD Race 2009 in black. Now have to wait patiently for it to arrive ;-(
Custom FS built around a Mongoose Otero frame
CUBE Ltd Race

Comments

• OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    Good stuff mate. What full sus bike were you riding?

Im the opposite, own a hardtail but want to try out full sus.
  • Not what you'd call a 'focussed' full suss, but it ain't bad. Mongoose Otero with Mavic Crossrides, Marz XC500 forks, RS MC 3.3 rear shock, changed to 27 speed using all Deore kit (cassette, rear mech, chain and shifter) Deore crank (octalink). Bar, stem and brakes stock. All in 32lbs in large.
    Tried a Cube Reaction K18 at Whinlatter last week and the difference in speed on the trails was massive. Can't stretch to a Reaction but am happy with what I've bought.
    CUBE Ltd Race
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Nice one mate, they have a really sweet spec so it'll feel great to ride straight out of the box. I'll be riding mine a lot more now the winter weather is rolling in again!

Get some bike tape for it though, the black anodising is really nice and tough, but it still doesn't like cable rub.
  • sirlylos
    sirlylos Posts: 234
    I'm very jealous, Where did you get it mate? Also what are you doing with your existing full-susser?

I love the Cube bikes.
    1993 - Ridgeback 301 G3
    1995 - Ridgeback 601 GS
    1997 - Specialized Hardrock
    2003 - Specialized FSR XC
    2008 - Specialized Epic FSR Comp
    2009 - Giant Defy 3
    2010 - Voodoo Wanga
    2012 - Cannondale Supersix 105
  • Ordered the Cube from Hargroves.
    I'm keeping the Goose, its a good bike, a bit heavy but ok for local muddy bridleway bashing.
    CUBE Ltd Race
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Nice choice.
    I'll be riding mine a lot more now the winter weather is rolling in again!

Decided to keep it then, I thought you would. Good idea to keep the Anthem away from all the crap!
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Eranu wrote:
    Nice choice.
    I'll be riding mine a lot more now the winter weather is rolling in again!

Decided to keep it then, I thought you would. Good idea to keep the Anthem away from all the crap!

Yep, sod the bank account, I've got a hardtail and a full sus now, that's like one bike away from the perfect garage! :lol:

It'll be good to ride a hardtail again actually and sharpen the skills up a bit.
  • brett7
    brett7 Posts: 53
    Ive recently returned to the sport and got myself a Cannondale f5 disc but soon found myself wanting more than it could deliver even tho its a great bike so i moved it on and now have a Cannondale Rush 4 carbon and i'll never look back full sus really suit my riding and I'm a lot quicker with it. It comes with a Fox rp2 shock that has the poplock system allowing me to clime like its a HT and whip down the runs on full sus mode....great fun!