Cycle Show in London End of Octiober 09

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Hi. I am considering going to the cycle show at the end of October in London but as i live in Cardiff i only want to go if it is worth my while etc.

If you have been to the cycle show in Earls Court London, is it worth going to? Do you get to try out a lot of Mountain Bikes?

Also if you choose to buy a bike is there a generous/good discount offered from the usual big manufacturers-Specialized, Giant,Trek, CUBE etc?

Thanks
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• As far as which bikes you can test go, most of them will be demo bikes so you can test them provided they are on the specific test track. Check the website for details on which manufacturers will be attending as not all do. For example i don't think marin attend, or i have'nt seen them there in a while.

There's very few retail stands at the bike show to be honest, i don't think you can buy a bike there and then, but the stands will be able to point you in the right direction, and this may lead to discount, but bear in mind that these will be next years models and therefore why would the manufacturers need to discount them in order for them to sell.
    Henry
  • what is the website for the cycleshow please
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • mellex
    mellex Posts: 214
    I went last year and I wasn't impressed to be honest. If you like looking at lots of bikes on display your going to have a field day. If you want to trial something, your better off at a demo day in my opinion.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    mellex wrote:
    If you want to trial something, your better off at a demo day in my opinion.

Yeah i agree with this.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Did last year's event..
    It's a long day, you queue for the bathroom, queue for food - which I add is costly and mediocre in the form of production line pizzas..
    I went armed with a camera and took plenty of photos, so it was a good day out for that purpose.
    The most impressive thing about the show was the KTM stand.. it was huge, well lit up and the KTM team were very friendly and informative
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    just booked my tickets,
    look out for me i'll be the one trying to keep my toddler entertained while daddy looks at expensive shiney bits!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Im going down on saturday. Should be fun
  • I went yesterday.Personally I find the stands for the smaller outfits,much more interesting.
    I had a good look at the new Cotic Soul,and a had very informative chat with Cy,himself.I almost bought one there and then on the strength of the guy`s enthusiasm for his product.

Also spoke to Jim Walker on the Enigma stand,where they had a stunning new steel mtb frame,on show.There was also the very nice new Pace steel hardtail.

Personally I didn`t find the big brands stands so interesting,but its probably because I could see most of their wares at a big Evans store,anyway.

Test rode a carbon Specialized Epic,which was very impressive,aswell as numerous road bikes.

Quite an enjoyable day,al in all.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo