How to write the Perfect Topic Title

missmarple
missmarple Posts: 1,980
edited July 2016 in MTB beginners
Can people please stop putting "PLEASE HELP" or "PLS HELP" or "HELP MEEEE!!!!!! PLZ" or "PLZ HELP ME" as their topic titles, it is so frustrating and starting to get on my titties. If you want us to help you, write an informative but brief title.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    there are 60 characters available in the topic title area use them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    missmarple wrote:
    Can people please stop putting "PLEASE HELP" or "PLS HELP" or "HELP MEEEE!!!!!! PLZ" or "PLZ HELP ME" as their topic titles, it is so frustrating and starting to get on my titties. If you want us to help you, write an informative but brief title.
    2nd that.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    missmarple wrote:

Hear hear.

Intelligible use of the English language (especially for native speakers) wouldn't go amiss either. :evil:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • +1.. I tend to not bother reading "help meeeeee" topics.
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    +1.. I tend to not bother reading "help meeeeee" topics.

Me too
  • missmarple wrote:

3rd That, it's far more useful to have a description of what you need help with, because then we can see if it similar to many other topics/issue's and hence spped up the problem solving process.
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig

Walk (Ride) softly and carry a big fish

Yay, 100 hundred posts :-)
  • Re-Cycle
    Re-Cycle Posts: 83
    missmarple wrote:

Valid point but I wonder if "I am quite depressed at the thought of getting old and lonely" would have been as much of a hit for The Beatles as "Help" :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Good spot missmarple. Also, pls refrain from asking "what's the best bike / wheels / saddle?" type questions. There is no best, or we'd all own it.