Tamiflu

Kitty
Kitty Posts: 2,844
edited October 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Anyone had Tamiflu? And are the side effects really as bad as some people say.

Can't feel much worse than I do now tbh.

Comments

• SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    Hi

Had pig flu about 8 weeks ago. Days 1-3 were awful, 4-6 steadily better. Was right by day 7 but still felt weak for about 2 weeks after.

The doc i saw said the tamiflu would probably help me get better a day or two quicker and i fortunately didnt get the side effects.

My brother on the other hand took tamiflu and within hours was feeling worse. He stopped taking it straight away and just took lemsip. He took about a day longer than me to recover.

It just affects people different ways - bit of a gamble really..sorry probably no help whatsoever!

• Kitty
    Gonna try it in the morning, don't want to take it tonight in case it does make me ill over night.
  • If you can avoid taking it then do so.

Swine Flu is just a strain of Flu. If you've ever had proper Flu then you'll know that the symptoms are almost identical and it can wipe you for a good week or so. If you're able to walk around and go about your daily routine, allbeit uncomfortably then you've simply got a bad cold.
    Chas Roberts - DOGSBOLX
  • Kitty
    I've been in bed all day, temp is up to 38.5, trust me it's not a cold.

Problem is I'm one the people with underlying conditions.
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    PS forgot to say in original response

Get well soon Kitty :wink:

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I had the flu, but didn't take it. Couldn't see the point.
  • Kitty
    I've not taken it as yesterday felt a little better, but went down hill again during the night with a temp and all the rest of it again.

Don't see much point in taking now as it should go in a couple of days. More worried about my chest at the moment though.
  • supersonic
    I had about 7 days of feeling pretty nasty, but am still tired (I do have M.E. though lol, so I expected some long recovery!).

The side effects of the medication seemd worse than some of the symptoms to me.
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    The rummours around the tamiflu side affects are rather over blown. Yes there are some side effects but people forget how horrible flu is and plan the results of the flu on the tamiflu!
  • Kitty wrote:
    I've been in bed all day, temp is up to 38.5, trust me it's not a cold.

Problem is I'm one the people with underlying conditions.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you were making a meal out of it, just that it's a form of Flu so can be treated as such first before resorting to Tamiflu.

If your Chest feels wheesie then staying away from Dairy, Wheat (Gluten) and prcoessed sugar foods like chocolate can help until it clears up.

Get well soon!
    Chas Roberts - DOGSBOLX
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Its like the old wives tale of feed a cold and starve a fever.....

gosh i am full of these types of phrases today... wtf is up with me!! :shock:
    It's been a while...
  • Kitty
    militiacore: already on a lactose free and gluten free diet sadly for me.

I want to eat something really unhealthy too when I'm ill, I want a donnor kebab, Haven't had one in a year and a half.
  • supersonic
    Homemade chilli if you can - loosens up the mucus great!