Bike Blenheim Sportive Sunday 4th October

2»

Comments

• stevo1602 wrote:
    Hey svzdg

I must have been riding with you then, There was a guy from New Zealand and another guy just a bit younger than me, I was the old git on the Wilier Izoard.
    I have looked at all the numbers before us on the photo site, like the others have, and quite rightly they look like they were the 60 milers to me.....no offence to any of them.
    They probably entered the 100 mile ride, but just did the 60, so it looks like we were the 1st 3 in.

haha, I rode with you guys too. I was in Swindon rc kit on a lampre coloured williar izoard
    you're right about the times, I had a little look at all the pics of the people faster than our group on the results, and without wanting to seem elitist or sizist, generally these guys (and one lady) didn't look capable of a sub 5 with that climbing
    funnily enough, I thought I had the fastest time in the bag as I assumed you lot had all started in the first group, whereas I'd started about a minute later as my shoe cleat had come loose and booted the first five miles to catch up, so I just needed to cross the line with u lot and my time would've defaulted a minute or so quicker
    I guess it only serves me right that I punctured a couple of k's out and lost you lot as I limped in with a flat rear losing a couple of mins in the process
    nice to have met you guys anyway and thanks again for some of you sharing your drinks with me when mine had leaked empty in the last qtr.

graeme

ps, I emailed the organiser and linked a couple of pics of the first few guys on the results and they responded to say they'd check up and make a check from the pics at course locations to see who entered 100 but rode 60
  • JTP09
    JTP09 Posts: 1
    Hi Guys

I was surprised at a 4.25 so have been following your chat. I started at the back of the first 100 wave as there was plenty of space and went round in 7.05. Checking my pics I have one of myself leaving the Palace park gates and in the background is a guy who is a ringer for the 4.25 winner(Out of focus). I went up the road and never saw him again.
    check out pic no 897. Sorry about the flesh showing above arm warmers. Must lose some weight!!
  • hey graeme

Yes I remember you, shame you got a flat towards the end, that has happened to me in the past. At least you managed to get home on it without having to stop and change the tube. I did nor realise you were sharking and already a minute ahead of us :lol:

Good ride though, and thanks for your company

Rob (on the slightly newer Wilier)
  • svzdg
    svzdg Posts: 8
    rjsmith wrote:
    svzdg wrote:
    stevo1602 wrote:
    Hey svzdg

My mate and I were first over the line for the 60, listed as 5th and 6th in the results. We were leaders all the way round with the 60 mile motorbike for company as well, who gave us time gaps etc.

really? funny as i set off with the hundred..did 64 miles in all and thought that the 60 must follow same initial route - obviously not. didnt realise until now. there was certainly absolutely noone at the finish when i finished...they hdnt got anything ready for the finishers at that time.

anyway, well done. heres to nest year
  • bprice
    bprice Posts: 61
    Quite pleased with my 121st and 3:48 for the 60, even though I struggled up that hill after the bacon butty unaware I was going in the wrong direction. A friend of a friend saw me, rang my mate who rang me. Luckily I had only gone about half a mile!
    I was the guy with the Cardiff Ajax CC jersey by the way.
    Anyone hear of the crash at a T junction? I dont know which junction but it involved my mate, who is also an Ajax rider, and a rider not associated with the sportive. My mate was turning left as this fella turned right cutting the corner. It was head on at a combined speed of about 30 mph.
    My mate had concussion, head wound, swollen lip and a hand injury. The other fella had injuries including my mates Rudy Project sunglasses lens embedded into his chin right down to the bone. Apparently the wound was the same shape as the lens!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15317414#
  • I see they've still got the results as provisional on the site.
    On the positive side, it was a beautiful day and the course was generally fairly nice and well marshalled / organised
    for me personally, it was a nice little finish to a really sh1tty triathlon season (I got quite ill during august and missed my gb qualifying race), and it was nice to be out in the sun in a 'not so competitive' environment
    Now it's feet up time and six weeks off before I start my prep for IMCH next year
    Hopefully, they'll run the blenhiem sportive again next year and manage to book in the good weather with the big guy upstairs again.
  • gmillsy
    gmillsy Posts: 37
    graeme4130 wrote:
    stevo1602 wrote:
    Hey svzdg

I must have been riding with you then, There was a guy from New Zealand and another guy just a bit younger than me, I was the old git on the Wilier Izoard.
    I have looked at all the numbers before us on the photo site, like the others have, and quite rightly they look like they were the 60 milers to me.....no offence to any of them.
    They probably entered the 100 mile ride, but just did the 60, so it looks like we were the 1st 3 in.

haha, I rode with you guys too. I was in Swindon rc kit on a lampre coloured williar izoard
    you're right about the times, I had a little look at all the pics of the people faster than our group on the results, and without wanting to seem elitist or sizist, generally these guys (and one lady) didn't look capable of a sub 5 with that climbing
    funnily enough, I thought I had the fastest time in the bag as I assumed you lot had all started in the first group, whereas I'd started about a minute later as my shoe cleat had come loose and booted the first five miles to catch up, so I just needed to cross the line with u lot and my time would've defaulted a minute or so quicker
    I guess it only serves me right that I punctured a couple of k's out and lost you lot as I limped in with a flat rear losing a couple of mins in the process
    nice to have met you guys anyway and thanks again for some of you sharing your drinks with me when mine had leaked empty in the last qtr.

graeme

ps, I emailed the organiser and linked a couple of pics of the first few guys on the results and they responded to say they'd check up and make a check from the pics at course locations to see who entered 100 but rode 60

I rode with you guys until the first feed when i stopped to fill a bottle then promptly lost everyone :( i was on the black condor with a white assos long sleeve top. We had an awesome group going - especially with the motorbike stopping traffic at the junctions too.

Top work on the 5.10, I snuck back in 5.37 having ridden about 40 miles on my own waiting for the next group to come through!
  • I would like to add to the earlier comments - I thought well organised in the beginning, but was livid at the end when a marshal (read student) at the Fifield cross roads could not be bothered to get of her mobile and waved me down the road. Cars passing the other way blocked my view of the yellow sign and I set off down and through the village trying to play catch up, with riders I thought where out of sight. Realised problem at next junction but was 15+ mins down the road and she was still on the mobile when I got back!!!! Ended up riding in with guys I had passed a long time before at 6 hrs for the 100. Tried to give some 'constructive feedback' on my experience but did not really get anywhere and as family riders (woman & kids) around I decided to go home and buy a dog to kick. Good day out apart from that and I did think the first ones in where quite quick considering terrain and at a better pace than the finishers at the Stoke ToB charity ride and the TVT challenge I did over the last month.