Sqirt dry lube

Dazzza
Dazzza Posts: 2,364
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Just bought this stuff today and was wondering if anyone else has.

Seems quite a few are raving about it.

http://www.in2dust.co.uk/
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Giant Anthem X

Comments

• xgeek
    xgeek Posts: 117
    Thanks for the link it looks good. Just ordered a bottle to tryout.
  • I recently bought some, got it on my FS after a muddy weekend in llandegla, seems to be working nice, can see the crap coming out of the chain progressively.

Gonna put it on my commuter this weekend too as I'm sick of re-oiling the chain after each time it rains.

So yeah, pretty good so far and no complaints.
  • GSDog
    GSDog Posts: 129
    What's with the bright pink background with black text on their website?

I tried to place an order but my eyes almost failed. :shock:
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    I'm in the process of testing this lube myself.

Drivetrain has been thoroughly degreased & going to apply the lube tonight ready for Dalby this weekend.

I'll keep you informed as to my findings.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • GSDog
    Andy_B wrote:
    I'll keep you informed as to my findings.

Please do. If it's any good I'll be ordering some on Monday. :)
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    There's a "request a free sample" page on the squirt website.
  • GSDog
    mhuk wrote:
    There's a "request a free sample" page on the squirt website.

Unfortunately our stock of free sample size bottles of Squirt have come to an end. You can still take advantage of our current offer of free P&P on all orders of Squirt by ordering now via the Order Here button above.

:(
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Been using Squirt for a couple of weeks now and it's great. It's much thicker than say, Finish Line Dry Lube and it's easy to put a drop on each roller. Leave it overnight and the drivetrain is smooth and silent the next day. It needs re-applying in pretty much the same way as any dry lube but there's very little build-up and the jockey wheels stay clean.

Recommended www.in2dust.co.uk
  • Dazzza
    Yup i love the stuff, only need to reapply every 2-3 rides, no need to clean the drive train the squirt keeps that clean when it sheds off, it doesn't do a white lightning and gum up into a black mess that grinds your gears down.

It's smooth, quiet and works in any crap just leave it sit on for at least a good 20-30 minutes and that's it.

I've been through near all lubes, rock n roll, white lightning dry/epic, pro link, purple extreme and finish line this stuff knocks them all dead it's that good.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I came back from my local loop last night looking like the swamp thing but the drivetrain and chain were still clean. I'm gonna buy some more =]
  • looks good, free postage to switzerland (!!!) so just ordered a couple of bottles.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • wemac
    wemac Posts: 91
    Just ordered some myself. I'm pretty sure it's the stuff they were lashing onto peoples chains at the last Merida in Llanwryd Wells - seemed to do the trick in those cra*py conditions
    Trek Fuel EX8 09
  • Used this stuff for the first time on Monday night (First ever night ride, but thats another post) and it is the best I've ever used, the lack of noise was remarkable, will not use anything else now as I've been converted.
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Great lube. A mate picked up some sample bottles at an event last month and I've been using it for about 4 weeks now. Chain and cassette stay much cleaner than with FL Wet Lube. Its a very clean lube and very quiet, I'll be getting some more when my smple runs out.
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • I got a bottle and after using 1/4 of it I'm wondering if I'm in their placebo sample or something and they sent me a bottle of cows milk? Its amazing how everyone seems to get different results with chain cleaning / lubing regimes.

I followed the squirt instructions totally and on my first ride (not raining but on damp paths) about 1 hour in the chain sounded like a bag of nails. Next morning the chain was well rusted.

But I'm not one to quit that easily so I started again. Clean, degrease (white spirits), let that dry, apply lube, 5 mins later do again. Let dry over night. Out for a ride - damp conditions again, and it seemed ok so I was happier! Chain stayed very clean too. Next morning though - I had a rusted chain!

For info - it was a KMC x9, just a few hundered Km, way less that .75% worn according to my checker. Anyway - it's back to Purple Extreme for me - a single bottle has lasted nearly a year and works great for me.
  • Dazzza
    Yeah a lot of lubes are hit and miss, i still like squirt but only when it's dry, in the crap i find it wears off too fast.

For the crappy weather it's still purple extreme, you could try white lightnings clean ride, that lube is impressing me of late, goes on clean, stays clean and doesn't wear so fast as the squirt, haven't tried it in truly crappy weather yet.
    Giant Anthem X