result !

fourcrossjohn
fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
edited October 2009 in MTB general
parents have just said if i shut up about getting a second bike i.e the gt rukus they'll get me what ever fork i want snd a 300 quid rear shock for x mas

i'm thinking white fox 40's
and a marzocchi roco rear

:)

happy bunny

Comments

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Blimey you'll drain them outta cash for this year then!

Why not get a Fox rear too? I quite fancy the RP23 or Rockshox Monarch for my budget.
  • if ure gonna go big do it right, fox are main stream rear shock now as they focus on all rounders where as roco is ender territory and fox 40's ooooooh yeah
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Fecking nora, will they adopt me? :shock:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • thats all 'm gettin tho, no dvds,,no games , no books not stocking with deodarant
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    thats all 'm gettin tho, no dvds,,no games , no books not stocking with deodarant
    sell your zbox or watever you have along with the games. well that's what i would do
  • tell parents not to forget everyone on here, including me :D
    My blog: http://kevincampbellsblog.blogspot.com
    Follow my biking journeys and my path in photography and you will also be able to read about much more too including reviews, and all sorts of random rubbish that may amuse or interest you
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    thats all 'm gettin tho, no dvds,,no games , no books not stocking with deodarant

Oh boo hoo. My heart bleeds.

Wait until you start paying income tax my lad...
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • thats all 'm gettin tho

Aww didums, maybe when you actually have to earn money without your parents giving it to you, you might appreciate stuff a bit more!!
  • jay12
    i have to earn my money. but if i buy something my dad pays about 10% or so. but when i'm going to get an orange crush he will hopefully give me 200 or 300 towards it
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Bloody kids, it weren't like that in my day, by 'eck! :wink: I hope you'll be washing the car and mowing the lawn for the next 5 years to thank them!

Mind you, wasn't there someone on here planning to spend about £2k on a bike from 'paper round money'.....I don't know if 'paper round' has become street slang for selling crack or what.......
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • jay12
    2k from paper round no way. 1k is the most expensive i would go + money from parents
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994

Christ, when I was a kid getting a present that cost £50-£100 seemed like an amazing treat. After playing guitar for a few years and getting reasonable good I got a guitar that cost £250 for birthday and christmas which seemed a fortune to me.

Now where I work you see kids who can barely play the guitar with new Gibsons, and they don't value/look after them at all.

Kids these days don't know they're bloody born. :roll:

(god I feel like a right moaning old bastard and I'm only 29!)
  • jay12
    fourcrossjohn
    btw you mean the fox 40's which are 1k?
  • bails87
    Still......a grand....how much do people get paid for carrying a few papers these days?

Mind you, I'm only jealous of people who get given everything from their parents, sure you don't learn the value of money etc, but you get loads of cool stuff for free! Went to uni with a guy who claimed his parents didn't give him any money, they just paid for his car, insurance, tuition fees, paid for his karting at weekends, did online food shopping and had it sent to him, paid his rent etc.....the money just never went to him :roll:
    MTB/CX

• bails87
    grumsta wrote:

Christ, when I was a kid getting a present that cost £50-£100 seemed like an amazing treat.

Kids these days don't know they're bloody born. :roll:

(god I feel like a right moaning old bastard and I'm only 29!)

Agreed, and I'm only 22!
    MTB/CX

• jay12
    bails87
    well i get £16 a week.
    my brother gets £18 a week but i heard of places where they get £40!
    + i help my dad, do leflets and when my brother is away on races of all sorts or is at parties i do his paper round for him + during summer holidays i do extra rounds. i have only spent £50 since getting my round in June.

Should i even be saying this stuff on here :?
  • bails87
    Jay12:
    Why not, now just send me your bank details so I can check this all out.....for the good of the forum of course :P

I thought it would be something like £15....but someone spending £2k on a bike from paper round money would have to be saving for almost 3 years, without spending a penny on anything else.

But well done for picking up extra work over the summer though, a lot of kids would just expect to be given money!

You're now allowed to join in telling the OP he's got it easy like the rest of us have been :P
    MTB/CX

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I'm holding out for socks and lego this year. But I many be disappointed.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • i do fooking work !!!

and ive decided on the gt
  • bails87
    Well done, but still, that's a heck of a Christmas present!
    MTB/CX

• i'm buying it myself
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    can i have some fox 32's please? :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • missmarple
    i'm buying it myself

I thought you said your parents were buying it for you?

I don't know if 'paper round' has become street slang for selling crack or what.......

Such a classic quote, made my day that has.

And also. Bluddy kids don't understand the value of money these days, wait till you're a very poor student, you'll not have a penny to spare - and if you do it'll go on pints to drown your sorrows of being poor in the first place. Lucky Sods! :roll:
  • joed05
    joed05 Posts: 794
    missmarple wrote:
    i'm buying it myself

I don't know if 'paper round' has become street slang for selling crack or what.......

And also. Bluddy kids don't understand the value of money these days, wait till you're a very poor student, you'll not have a penny to spare - and if you do it'll go on pints to drown your sorrows of being poor in the first place. Lucky Sods! :roll:

i agree, even though im 18, now im earning permenantly i dont get squat out of the parents so finding it a tad difficult at the moment. makes me realise how maive and protected i was when i was younger
    Best quote ever (pinkbike): "i've heard that Hill pees, deffecates, vomits and masturbates before each race to keep the weight down"
  • missmarple
    joed05 wrote:
    missmarple wrote:
    i'm buying it myself

i agree, even though im 18, now im earning permenantly i dont get squat out of the parents so finding it a tad difficult at the moment. makes me realise how maive and protected i was when i was younger

I'm 18 too and holding down 3 jobs, it is ok to be a "protected" when you're younger but not to the extent that you'll get forks + rear worth £600 bought for you on the whim!
  • ahh feck it i'll get a car