Lidl Bike Stuff

Stone Glider
Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
edited October 2009 in Road beginners
Another "Special" from the food retailer to be released on 1st October. Great VFM, with the usual caveats about "you get what you pay for". Well, they are cheap, they are cycling specific and you can make your own mind up. This is supposed to be a "beginners" slot innit?
The older I get the faster I was

Comments

• It's also worth noting that this is a regional offer, so it won't show up for many people. The offer is not on at my local store (Sidmouth).

Edindevon
  • Looks like its a London thing, it ain't showing up in my neck of the woods either !!
    That's my 2 cents,

Paul
    Wakefield

Hybrid - Scott Sportster P5 2009
    Road - Trek 1.5 2010

strava
    twitter
  • Yes, there was another thread about this, and it looked like London and Kent were the only LIDLs to be doing it - I wonder whether LIDL have already rolled this offer out on the continent and now a few items left over - enough for the SE but not enough for the whole UK.
  • The offer extends as far as the east midlands defo.
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    I was in Aldi and Lidl at the weekend but only Aldi had some stuff such as flourecent jackets and bib tights in small ladies size and overshoes and skull cap packs max size 8-9 so nothing for me. Absolutely nothing in Lidl but I plan on popping in every week or 2 if passing.
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • Takis61
    Takis61 Posts: 239
    Doh ! That's because the Aldi offer was LAST week, and the Lidl offer comes in on THURSDAY :lol:
    My knees hurt !
  • thanks for the heads up. i am in the market for some new gloves....!
  • kfinlay
    Takis61 wrote:
    Doh ! That's because the Aldi offer was LAST week, and the Lidl offer comes in on THURSDAY :lol:

but as others have stated it doesn't seem to apply to the whole country and I'm not down south so can't see us getting Thursdays offer - won't stop me checking though!
    Kev

• Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    :oops: :oops: Not in East Midlands, defo :oops: :oops: (or at least not Northampton).

Lidl, in the words of the old Spanish saying (although not in old Spanish obvs ) If it is not for sale, do not put it in the window :(
  • kfinlay
    I've tried 3 Lidls up here in Fife and nothing but did get a jersey and some overshoes from Aldi as they had some leftovers from there last lot. The Aldi's still had a fair bit of ladies stuff in case there's any women on here or for any of the guys wives/partners who also cycle (mainly flourencent jackets and winter bib tights)
    I know my spelling is awful btw
    Kev

• ian_s
    ian_s Posts: 183
    I looked in at Lidl in Reading yesterday. They had a few bits and pieces but stock seemed very low (unless they had more round the back). I couldn't find anything in my size but my wife got some shoes, gloves and a top. Cant fault the prices.
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    Still have lots in my nearest store Edmonton.

Plus why do they just make the womens one's in brighter colours as the mens tend to be black with light colours on?
  • Plus why do they just make the womens one's in brighter colours as the mens tend to be black with light colours on?

Oh, I don't know about that. I got a red cycling jacket that I still haven't dared to wear outside - I'm waiting for an overcast day for that. I'm afraid people might try to start posting letters in me.
  • Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    It was on at my local store and I was pretty pleased. A pair of winter gloves, LS top, and shoes for £20 in total! The shoes aren't fantastic, but I thought I would keep them as backup and for £10 they were a great price. They are the ones that were previously £16-18. The LS tops are slightly thinner than most, so could be possibly used in thermoneutral condintions. Not a bad way to spend £20, as you often see similar quality non branded shoes, online for £30 alone.
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    Plus why do they just make the womens one's in brighter colours as the mens tend to be black with light colours on?

Oh, I don't know about that. I got a red cycling jacket that I still haven't dared to wear outside - I'm waiting for an overcast day for that. I'm afraid people might try to start posting letters in me.

D,oh

You are right It is about time as the last few have been like above.
  • Takis61
    Got to my Lidls yesterday, pretty much cleared out, managed to get a top, very thin as reported above already, but plan to wear it under a jacket, and for a fiver, worth having.
    My knees hurt !
  • Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    Takis61 wrote:
    Got to my Lidls yesterday, pretty much cleared out, managed to get a top, very thin as reported above already, but plan to wear it under a jacket, and for a fiver, worth having.

I was considering buying a short sleeved top just to use for the next few weeks until the bad weather arrives, but I think you might get away with wearing that LS top from Lidl? I
  • Takis61
    Yes, it's fine for training, I have a ss top I bought in 2004 that is still a favourite
    My knees hurt !