How to tell you're addicted to SCR?

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited October 2009 in Commuting chat
Back in the saddle this week after 2 weeks holiday and I was thinking that I may be a little, not a lot, addicted to SCR. For me the signs were:

While on holiday I didn't think about work but I did think about SCR
While on said holiday I took the hardtail mountain bike so that I could go out for a ride, ready for being back in the saddle
On said ride on the MTB (first time in 2 years), another rider on a £4.5k full-susser (I asked him) overtook me. And I had to get back past time. On trails that I didn't know. And he was a regular on said trails. Without visibly trying
I went out for a few laps of RP the Saturday before going back to work for more training
I'm disappointed that I'm 1/2 mph down on my normal average speed the ride in this week.

Am I addicted? Do I need help?
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• You're addicted.

But don't worry. You're amongst friends here.

Well, "friends" in a pretty loose sense. Friends who'd cycle over their mother to take your scalp...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • You need help.....

I would love to be addicted to SCR but I am not good enough yet, and there is not enough competition on my route, its either hairy commuters on hybrids, which i burn or road boys that burn me....

Need better tyres, then a better bike, but dont want to be going down that route..... not yet anyway!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Friends who'd cycle over their mother to take your scalp...

:lol:
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I'm an addict too, none shal pass. The only one that has done me good and proper is the guy on the home made electric bike that does 25mph. Git. Still I tried the other night and I was sprinting up a fairly steep hill at 20ish mph while he just cruised away slowly :(
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hi. My name is CJ and I'm an SCR-aholic.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • When you've only been scalped once?

Oh no, wait. That's just how to tell you're awesome at SCR. 8)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I never get scalped. This is for two reasons:
    1. Folders have such a ridiculously low FCN
    2. No opposition- the only riders I see on my commute (about noon & 9 pm at mo) are RLJing chav idiots on BSOs.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • I think having had an SCR related nightmare qualifies me quite well. :(
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    ..when you go a completely random way home just because the scalp in front of you is going somewhere else and you follow, overtake, and pretend its all in a days work :oops:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Can't understand this SCR-ing. Couldn't give a crap if someone passed me, and likewise if I pass someone I don't think I've won Le Tour :? If they are not racing you then you haven't won anything !

If you are so intent on beating people, then why not enter races to find out how good you are. But the answer is probably 'not very' :wink:
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • neil²
    neil² Posts: 337
    Dog Breath wrote:
    Can't understand this SCR-ing. Couldn't give a crap if someone passed me, and likewise if I pass someone I don't think I've won Le Tour :? If they are not racing you then you haven't won anything !

If you are so intent on beating people, then why not enter races to find out how good you are. But the answer is probably 'not very' :wink:

I think that's why it's called 'Silly'

(BTW I won my club TT this week - I put it down to the SCR training :wink: )