Polar Heart Rate Monitor Weblink Problems

Baybash
Baybash Posts: 136
edited October 2009 in Road beginners
I've wasted two whole evenings trying to get this flaky piece of software to work on a £150 product. It's a disgrace and if I can warn just one person off of Polar then this post and my wasted evenings will not have been a complete waste of time.

In case anyone can help I cannot get the data transfer to go beyond 33% (which seems to be the magic number that most other users find).
exercise.png

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Are you using version 2.4.11.453?
    It takes me a few attempts to upload training data via the soniclink but it gets there in the end.
    However, I would describe the process as flaky.
    Data upload is from a CS200 in my case.
    As a training log aid it's ok and I do find it useful to compare my training rides and their times and speeds and HR etc.

To the question of alternatives in the same price bracket - Garmin 705 is well out of reach.
  • Out of curiosity, what does the online site do (when it's working) that you couldn't already do with a spreadsheet? Sure, you'd have to put the data in manually, but if you've got the formulas and graphs set up, the computer might do most of the work for free.
  • jgsi
    I t is a free utility anyway.
    It saves the training data.
    It looks pretty.
    I dont take it that seriously.

It saves the absolute faff of using excel more to the point......
    I am not one of those who is turned on by the power of spreadsheets.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    It takes me about 20 seconds just to bung the results in a simple spreadsheet, nothing complicated and probably much quicker than uploading, also safer and more reliable.
  • jgsi
    It's horses for courses...
    There are some advantages tho'
    some training rides might have 10 to 12 individual sectors/laps...they upload in one..I wish someone would hack into account and beef up the result trends..

safety is not an issue whatsoever
  • Fair enough, JGSI, if you don't like spreadsheets - some of us like them, some of us don't.
  • jgsi
    Agreed.. tickles me tho that a few people have an issue with a legit training site with a global name like Polar and then have a ton of crap displayed on their facebook pages
  • zedders
    zedders Posts: 509
    see the below thread. I had the same probs as you to start with.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=

1) Try downing one file at a time to start with.
    2) Check your microphone settings, a lot of computer have noise reduction type software that will interfer etc.
    3) DOWNLOAD IN SILENCE. No background noise whatsoever.
    4) Read the help guide on the micrphone stuff, off the website.

IMO once you have figured out how to download it miles better thaN a spreadsheet.
    But probably 50% of the time for whatever reason it won't download first time? It normally takes me a couple of goes. But it still only takes a minute or two at most.
    "I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/
  • johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    Just to add that downloading in silence will mean muting your speakers - feedback, even very low, from them will bugger up the transfer as well. I used this software for a couple of years and it was ok, apart from the temperamental downloading, but now have a garmin 305 and sport tracks with training load plug in and I get as much info as I can shake a stick at - CTL, TSB and loads of other acronyms :roll:
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • Mine downloads better if i have my television on mute and my stereo on mute , it does not like background noise.
    A mouthfull of mud, i guess ive crashed

Giant xtc se
    Trek 1.2compact