RPCC Ride - Sat 3rd/Sun 4th October

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    I'm quite liking other folk doing this bit for me...! :wink::lol:

A Sunday post-race pootle sounds good to me - we can all wax lyrical about the previous days' events and outcome... :shock:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    God, Hillingdon could be awful on Sat in this wind!! :shock:
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Would be good to join you guys on Sunday if that's okay? Not sure if I will be free at the moment, but if I am, I will be there at 9am. (unless that time happens to sneak it's way northwards as a result of tired Hillingdon legs) :wink:
  • Sorry guys next two weekends are out - off to Annecy to recreate the Tour ITT, eat cheese and forget about work for a week. Hopefully the weather holds and I can get in some cols as well.

Big shame as I would love to join you for the racing at Hillingdon. The wind shouldn't disrupt things too much and the RPCC train ripping off legs after all the drilling through the roundabouts is something I wouldn't want to miss 8)
  • I won't be out this weekend as I'll be building my Roubaix up. Getting a replacement set of forks courtesy of Scott at Specialized and will be chucking a full Ultegra SL gruppo on the bike afterwards :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Rich-Ti
    Mark73 wrote:
    Would be good to join you guys on Sunday if that's okay?
    Of course mate - the more the merrier! 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Speed will be massive around the final corner with that tail wind!
    Some junk before the web address stopping that link from working Mark :roll:

Forgot how long that back straight was though - nasty at the front of the bunch if that's a headwind! :shock:
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    What's happening at Hillingdon???
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Forgot how long that back straight was though - nasty at the front of the bunch if that's a headwind! :shock:

Sit in the bunch til near the end then Rich.......then crush everyones souls as you breakaway with an awesome display of power and manliness :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I've got a late flight to Australia Sunday night, so keen on a Sunday flog fest followed by a Sunday avo kip so I stay up atleast through the first movie on the plane to help get in timezones.

The long grazed legged one
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    phips wrote:
    J09 wrote:
    What's happening at Hillingdon???

This
    Thanks for the link - saves me the trouble of finding out myself...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    phips wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    Thanks for the link - saves me the trouble of finding out myself...

So you will be joining us then? Huzzah! :lol:
    Maybe, my legs feel like they are on strike at the moment :shock:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Sunday sounds good for me.
  • Rich-Ti
    voxegam wrote:
    Sit in the bunch til near the end then Rich....
    No chance :twisted:
  • off to Annecy to recreate the Tour ITT

Sounds great - enjoy! Few weeks back I did most of the stage up to Verbier. Loved it, and the climb was tough, but not too bad. Next time I visit my sister out there I will do the Grand St Bernard pass - now that looks a beast.

May join in on Sunday, dead keen to get one final fast run up Box Hill while my legs are good. In the Legs of Steel last week, I arrived at the bottom of Box with my race time on 02h52, needing to beat 3 hours to sneak under the time cut-off, so all the Box Hill trips paid off as I knew exactly how hard to go to cruise up in time.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    In the Legs of Steel last week, I arrived at the bottom of Box with my race time on 02h52, needing to beat 3 hours to sneak under the time cut-off, so all the Box Hill trips paid off as I knew exactly how hard to go to cruise up in time.
    Result! :)
  • took me 7m45sec to get up, so far from fast, but dang the route was hilly, and arriving late at the start it was a solo effort. Didnt sit on one wheel at all. Mind you as Berns pointed out last week, probably not a bad thing.........triathletes :wink:
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    If I don't drink too much Saturday night then I should be around for Sunday. Or I'll just turn up hungover. :?

What's the favourite departure time?
  • felgen
    phips wrote:
    Personally I hate mornings,
    Ditto. 8)

Don't think you will be seeing me this weekend, well, not on Sunday anyway. One day of cycling-related escapades per weekend is quite enough.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    I should be good for 9am Sun, but also happy to go later :D
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    took me 7m45sec to get up, so far from fast, but dang the route was hilly, and arriving late at the start it was a solo effort. Didnt sit on one wheel at all. Mind you as Berns pointed out last week, probably not a bad thing.........triathletes :wink:

Well done Fuji. Glad to know you managed not to tangle up. Tri riders and group riding skills...*shudder*.

I am up for a run this weekend, although the fixtures secretary may dictate otherwise. In the event I am banned from racing at Hillingdon tomorrow afternoon, who is up for a run Saturday morning?

I am also keen for a hoonfest on Sunday to get away from the house.