What was the worst part of your commute Home today........

markyboy2005
markyboy2005 Posts: 465
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
For Me:

1. Not leaving the office till 7pm
2. Worst traffic Jam in months, crawled along for 2 miles
3. Kid jumping out of a moving bus causing me to slam on the brakes
4. Over zealous cop banging me on the head (or helmet) with his red light sabre thingy
5. Getting stuck behind the most polluting vehicle on the planet for about 5 minutes (Bajaj)

But worst of all.............

6. Having to come down the only steep hill on my commute with brakes on full due to some twat parking at the narrow bridge :evil:

7. Coming home to a power cut!!!!!

Beat that!!

Comments

• Have'nt Commuted home yet, see me tommorrow!
    Suspect it might be the shite Weather.
  • But you're on a bike...why were you stuck behind traffic?
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    The worst part was that the glorious weather we're having meant that I just had to go training as soon as I got back.

I was really tired as well, really didn't want to go, but the weather made me.
    The 2.5 hours in the sunshine and the long cafe stop to eat cake only made things slightly more bearable.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Am about to begin my commute home now, I hate walking to the car the most I think.

and all of the barsteward cyclists that breeze passed me while Im in a traffic jam :evil:
  • But you're on a bike...why were you stuck behind traffic?

Because I live in Jakarta where I share the roads with 5.5Million mopeds.......its like pouring sand into a jar of peas....... :lol:

On the plus side....weather not an issue 8)
  • The dude's smelly pit in my face on the bus!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    gotta be crossing the road on my 200m walk home :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • It was too short!!
  • 2 unsuccessful clip in attempts in front of some girls outside Ipswich train station.

Must but some new cleats.
  • Fru T Bunn wrote:
    2 unsuccessful clip in attempts in front of some girls outside Ipswich train station.

Unsuccessful clip in attempts increase exponentially in the presence of prettiness.....I have also researched this phenomenon..... :?
  • Because I live in Jakarta .....
    You OK? Saw the news
  • Fru T Bunn wrote:
    Because I live in Jakarta .....
    You OK? Saw the news

Thanks for the concern, I am far away enough not to have felt this one.

Just found out that all of my team are now accounted for and safe in Padang. There was a couple of spouses missing till about 20 minutes ago, they have now been located so all staff and families are safe and together.

Another terrible tragedy for this great and beautiful place........really sad.

Our guys are building a mobile phone network here, so next step is to get that working again so communications can improve to support the rescue efforts.
  • Fru T Bunn wrote:
    2 unsuccessful clip in attempts in front of some girls outside Ipswich train station.

Unsuccessful clip in attempts increase exponentially in the presence of prettiness.....I have also researched this phenomenon..... :?

This is well proven, as is it being impossible to unclip while stopping in the presence of prettiness particularly if you only stopped to let her cross the road :P .
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    Didn't have a bad part. The good part is that I haven't commuted for 14 years because I'm retired although the downside to that is that I'm old :)

Glad you and your friends/colleagues are OK Markyboy. It sounds to be pretty horrific where all the damage is.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    The worst part tonight was between realising it was cold and getting home, about 19.9 miles. It was colder than the morning FFS i'm going to have to get a gimpy little jacket.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    My ride home was beautiful. 1h20m of heaven. Seriously. A very hilly ride, crunched up most of them in the big ring, then took a detour onto Old Hall Lane which is all cobbled and crunkly... mmm-MMM I was sad when I got home. Well, not really but you know what I mean.

Oh yeah I forgot: a dog tried to bite me when I was on the cobbles. Little yappy twat.
  • Me: cycling around roundabout

Taxi: approaching roundabout, totally ignores me and nearly crashes into me. screeches to a halt literally inches from my back wheel.
  • Me: cycling around roundabout

Taxi: approaching roundabout, totally ignores me and nearly crashes into me. screeches to a halt literally inches from my back wheel.

You should not have been in his way, I mean its not like you pay road tax........worst part for me today.......I came by car. :(