dropped a roadie!!

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited October 2009 in The Crudcatcher
no, not as some of you might be thinking. I didn't smack someone in the face!! however, last night coming back from a nice 25km loop the last 2ish miles are on the road and as it was about 7pm and getting dark we had no lights so were hammering it full tilt.

we came around this bend and there were 2 serious looking roadies , all lycred up pedalling furiously and somehow me and my mate over took them on our 5 inch travel all mountain rigs!!!! all right, my forks were locked out but still... :D

i said alright mate as i passed the front guy and he nearly fell off his bike to see a hairy arsed baggy clothed wearing MTB'er pass him...lol

saying that, they might of been finsihing a monster 100 mile ride..but still victory was mine....mwahhh haa haa :D

Comments

• Ahhhh, there's nothing more satisfying that showing the "Lycra-Louts" TM, Daily Fail who's boss. :lol:
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    welshkev wrote:
    i said alright mate as i passed the front guy
    Obv. not proper roadies if they were passed by mountain bikers :lol:
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Done this a couple of times and your right they probably were at the end of marathons but its very satisfying. Specially with big silly MTB tyres.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    welshkev wrote:
    no, not as some of you might be thinking. I didn't smack someone in the face!!
    Gutted :(
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    welshkev wrote:
    no, not as some of you might be thinking. I didn't smack someone in the face!!
    Gutted :(

lol :lol:
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    I have ridden with roadies with my mtb before, was quite an interesting ride especially when one said how in hell are you keeping up. :lol:

But do i ever come across one on the roads do i hell. :?
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    ahh you cant beat a bit of roadie beating. :lol:
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    hahahah that is good why need a road bike.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    ha ha proof this IS the superior form of cycling

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Overtaking roadies is nothing too amazing, you never know if they're worn out or just setting out or recovering from heart attacks or whatever. Overtaking scooters is where it's at.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:
    Overtaking roadies is nothing too amazing, you never know if they're worn out or just setting out or recovering from heart attacks or whatever. Overtaking scooters is where it's at.

+1 and its been done haha, but have to agree when they can't catch you its pretty amusing!
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    check out the commuting section for the Food Chain Number game (they call it Silly Commuting Racing or somesuch).

....you just got a couple of scalps. well done!
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • check out the commuting section for the Food Chain Number game (they call it Silly Commuting Racing or somesuch).

....you just got a couple of scalps. well done!

I did wounder what that was! i'll have a look when i get a sec!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Northwind wrote:
    Overtaking scooters is where it's at.
    Pfft lightweight :lol:

Tractors are my favourite.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    you wanna try overtaking boy racers on the seafront :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Barteos
    Barteos Posts: 657
    edited October 2009
    EDITED

My post was rather silly and immature :oops:

EDITED
  • Best is when they turn around due to being able to hear your big knobbly tires caked in mud wasting all your energy. That really gets them.
    "Pain is temporary, success is permanent"
  • haha thats the one! its all about the tyre noise!
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    my mate and I used three roadies to break the wind resistance for us when touring in Austria years back - we were cruising along at 10mph or so tired and flagging when these guys cam by, we kicked a bit to catch them and then just stuck in behind them - our speed went up to about 16-18mph following them with no wind resistance. they looked confused.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    doubt it, if they were on road bikes i think they'll know the efficiency of drafting. Maybe they weren't confused, maybe they were thinking "cheeky gits" :lol: