Which househlod chore do you hate the most?

CHRISNOIR
CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
Ironing - I f*cking hate ironing. And - even though it's quite easy - pegging washing out makes me rage as well - I've no idea why, it just does. Especially when it's a load of socks and you have to get an individual peg for each sock and then when they're dry you have to match the socks and there's always some socks left over, so you think 'Well, maybe the odd socks are in my drawer.' So you look in the sock drawer and there's no socks to pair up with the washed socks.

Perhaps i should just have put 'Laundry'...

Comments

• Hoovering for me as well. Awful, awful job.
  • Another for Ironing, then doing the dishes, then cooking, then hoovering. Hoovering is quite easy really :P .
  • ironing - not done it in 5 years as I pay someone to do my shirts....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    All of them. Except making the bed, which I quite enjoy, because I use the Heterosexual Male Method - climb inside the quilt cover, taking the quilt with me.
  • I have to do/have done all of these today. Done the washing, pegged it out, now got to make the bed and do the dishes.

Can I be arsed, can I crackers?
  • Hoovering's the best as it's so easy but makes the house look so much better! I hate washing up!! It doesn't help that my house mates are seriously lazy just dont do any so I end doing more then my fair share. But that's fine because apparently one of them "doesn't use saucepans..." :lol:
  • what are houshold chores??

I only do man stuff!! (lawns ,cars cutting stuff down etc)

Gotta go wifes coming :D
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Chrisnoir has said it all :lol:
  • trig1
    trig1 Posts: 111
    cleaning out fridge cause you ve got to empty it all first im h8in that! and oven cleanin too. :?
  • I find ironing very therapeutic and relaxing. there's nothing I like more than ironing all my work shirts and hanging them up.

Trousers though, that's a different matter entirely. I can never get the #@$%@$% creases right. ARGH f*cking b@st@rd CREASES!!!!!!!! GRRRRR :mrgreen:
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • With most of it i find that, once i'm stuck in, it aint to bad. What i hate most is the thought of doing it.
  • cleaning out cat sh!t
  • Tip for socks:
    Chuck em on the floor, they're small enough to dry themselves 8)
  • Tip with shirts: drop them off at the Oxfam shop on Friday, go in Monday morning and buy them back for 50p each, washed and ironed.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    cleaning out cat sh!t

Good one. My cat did a shit in the bath once and I had to clean it up. It was revolting.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Making love with the wife.
  • Probably changing the bed but realistically, any chore after several prods from the missus that means I have to stop what I'm currently doing.
  • The hardest for me is paying the cleaner four times a week.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tip with shirts: drop them off at the Oxfam shop on Friday, go in Monday morning and buy them back for 50p each, washed and ironed.

This is a very interesting way to look at the matter!!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Putting the washing away - particularly the kids clothes - takes forever. Sticking it in the machine, pegging it out, taking it in - no problem - just putting it away that I hate. Oh and cleaning the floor - don't mind hoovering but now we have some crap Quickstep floor I have to sweep it even 7 minutes or it gets covered in dust and other crap - I think they manufacturer it so it produces its own mess - how I wish we'd just got carpet.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • +1 for ironing - what a waste of f**king time. Why has technology not yet brought its full might to bear on this blight on our lives? I mean, we've put a man on the moon and yet we still spend 5 minutes ironing each shirt before we wear it?

I haven't done any for years, courtesy of mrs k, but it still makes me angry...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Sweeping for me (I've got wood* floors - so no hoovering). The bathroom cleaning I don't like either.

Ironing I don't mind - get a big batch, stick on a DVD and it flys by. It does seem like painting the Forth Bridge though.

*By wood, I mean Quick Step laminate - just like Tom Boonen.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dmclite wrote:

I checked other posts but no-one else?????

You need to spice things up. It can't be that bad :?
  • dmclite wrote:

I checked other posts but no-one else?????

You need to spice things up. It can't be that bad :?

This is a chore I wish I had the problem of. Literally so long I think I've forgotten how to do it
  • Hoovering. I fupping hate hoovering. I overheat doing it,so by the end I've got a sweaty brow and I'm sneezing and there's always something you missed.

I'll say it now F&%k hoovering.right in the ear.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • I hate having to move my bikes out of the dining room before the cleaner arrives.
  • dmclite wrote:

Sorry, I need a do-over.

Mine is making love to his wife.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    dmclite wrote:

Sorry, I need a do-over.

Mine is making love to his wife.

Its all so clear now. right off to de-frost the freezer and clean my skirting boards........ :wink:
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Cleaning out the moat, now I have to do it myself. The duck houses are particularly nasty.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• fatgit
    fatgit Posts: 166
    johnfinch wrote:
    All of them. Except making the bed, which I quite enjoy, because I use the Heterosexual Male Method - climb inside the quilt cover, taking the quilt with me.

Is there another way to do it?