Salt and vinegar or cheese and onion

STEFANOS4784
STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
Thought we might be better able to come to a conclusion than the ol' Campag/Shimano one :roll: :wink:

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Ha the real question is which should be blue and which should be green. :twisted:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Got to be salt and vinegar, cheese and onion is nice but it has a soft family friendly taste, where as salt and vinegar is more biting for those of us that like a more hardcore crisp. :D
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    There is no both option there needs to be a both option.

Though cheese and onion have fallen, the best were Golden Wonder the green packet.

Walkers salt and vinegar (the king of salt and vinegar crisps) are going strong!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Salt and vinegar kettle chips have a special place in my heart.
    Ate a whole huge bag of them a while ago midway through a 100 miler. Was still full and feeling unhealthy by the time I got home :)
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • There can be no both, jus as in Shim/Campag :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    Cheese and Onion as a nipper. Salt and Vinegar as a Teenager. None as an adult, girlfriend won't let me.... :oops:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Cheese and Onion as a nipper. Salt and Vinegar as a Teenager. None as an adult, girlfriend won't let me.... :oops:

:( Now that is what i call under the thumb :wink:
  • MCcoys salt and vinegar everytime
  • DonDaddyD
    STEAK McCoys! Get it right. Prawn cocktail Walkers are the nuts as well!
    Food Chain number = 4

• Defo salt & vinegar.

Cheese & onion is the work of Satan. :twisted:
  • salt and vinegar= green. cheese and onion= blue.
  • prawny wrote:
    Ha the real question is which should be blue and which should be green. :twisted:

I have no preference for taste BUT s&v must be blue and c&o must be green.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Nice n spicy Nik Naks for me - or pickled onion monster munch.

Otherwise - tomato flavour or prawned cocktail flavour Walkers, or at a push, salt n vinegar.
  • Nice n spicy Nik Naks for me - or pickled onion monster munch.

Otherwise - tomato flavour or prawned cocktail flavour Walkers, or at a push, salt n vinegar.

Porgy never plays by the rules :roll:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Has to be cheese and onion for me, especially with some of the newer, posher types.

That said, still can't match Brannigans crisps - if you can find them.
  • Marmite crisps for me, mmmmmmm. Also in my youth loved Oxo crisps, don't make them anymore :(

Pip pip
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Porgy
    iainment wrote:
    Marmite crisps for me, mmmmmmm. Also in my youth loved Oxo crisps, don't make them anymore :(

Pip pip

can't you just dip your crisps in gravy as you eat them :P
  • These are fantastic because they use quality potatoes that have great flavour themselves without the need for salt or anything else:

http://yumurl.com/uw6MHE

Kettle Chips also did a limited edition flavour -- orange, ginger and wasabi -- that was awesome: tangy and sweet at first the bagful gradually tasted more and more fiery as the wasabi kicked in.

Cape Cod Dark Russets were the crisp equivalent of a Trappist ale, but again I think they aren't sold anymore. http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=1121
  • rhodrigwyn wrote:
    salt and vinegar= green. cheese and onion= blue.

Logically i'd put them the other way round, reasons being;

Blue=water=salt?

Green=grass=plants(onion)
  • Porgy
    rhodrigwyn wrote:
    salt and vinegar= green. cheese and onion= blue.

Logically i'd put them the other way round, reasons being;

Blue=water=salt?

Green=grass=plants(onion)

cheese is blue sometimes and the sea is green.

So much for logic :P
  • finchy
    The poll now says salt and vinegar 70%, cheese and onion 29%.

There's a missing 1% somewhere. This is most mysterious. :?
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    Neither. Ready salted or salt and shake plain please.
    S&V taste much better than C&O with beer, and in a cheese & salad cream sarnie, so defo SV for me.

I'm with Porgy on the Pickled Onion Monster Munch though, even if they come in tiny bags these days.
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    I have NEVER eaten a packet of cheese and onion crisps. There, I have admitted it. I can finally look myself in a mirror. I just hate cheese. :evil:
  • finchy
    lfcquin wrote:
    I have NEVER eaten a packet of cheese and onion crisps. There, I have admitted it. I can finally look myself in a mirror. I just hate cheese. :evil:

Just to make you feel better, you're a weird freak of nature. And if I knew where you lived I'd sneak in at night and leave some stilton on your pillow.
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    johnfinch wrote:
    lfcquin wrote:

Just to make you feel better, you're a weird freak of nature. And if I knew where you lived I'd sneak in at night and leave some stilton on your pillow.

That's just sick man....sick..... :wink:
  • Aren't crisps bad for your health?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    Salt & vinegar every time!

Although cheese & onion do taste nice, they just smell awful for me and it's so hard to get past.
  • lfcquin wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it, as there's probably no real cheese in cheese and onion flavour.
  • Worcester Sauce French Fries