Is this strange?

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
I'm quite an organised person, when it comes to my cycling kit at least. Now al ot of people I know think the rotation in which I wear my kit is a strange OCD-esque thing. For me, it means everything gets it's fair share of wear!

I have 6 regular jerseys, an old club jersey, a full "strip" of pro kit and my various shorts. The jerseys get worn in order, based on when I ride with the oldest being replaced in October and February.

Recently, I've bought 2 jerseys and am seriously tempted by another. Currently, this means that my system of replacement is backdated until next October (should I buy the new one!) or it falls into complete disarray.

Am I a strange, obsessive individual? Is it wrong that I feel bad for jerseys that don't get worn enough?

I've just read that back and oh lord I sound mental. Ah well...
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• Do you poo at 9 every day? What happens if you get to ten past and you still haven't gone?

Only joking. It all sounds fine and reasonable. :lol:
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Do you know what, Jack? You're full of sh!t.
    Det. Insp. Jack Regan: I thought it was about time you made an intellectual contribution to this debate.
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Boll@cks.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    In my experience cyclists tend to be a bit obsessive. I know this is true 'cos I googled it 100 times to make sure.
  • I must be the odd one out then, ware whatever, whenever 8)
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    pepelepew wrote:
    Do you poo at 9 every day? What happens if you get to ten past and you still haven't gone?

But ten past nine is the correct time to poo every day.

Isn't it? :(

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• pneumatic wrote:
    pepelepew wrote:
    Do you poo at 9 every day? What happens if you get to ten past and you still haven't gone?

Yeah - do it on company time. And then again 10 minutes before you go home just to be on the safe side.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • pneumatic wrote:
    pepelepew wrote:

Yeah - do it on company time. And then again 10 minutes before you go home just to be on the safe side.

6:05am no more than 5 mins, nut brown and no odour,

anything else just stinks :lol:
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ..there will be a knock on the door within the hour....you will open it..the men in white coats are you friends...you will accompany them to the place of fun...feel free to take the October jersey and maybe the November one as you may be there some time...report back when you have time.......

:shock: :shock:
  • Mothyman
    disgruntledgoat..i was only kidding...i seem to have a knack of putting an end to forum threads....... :oops: :lol::lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mothyman wrote:
    disgruntledgoat..i was only kidding...i seem to have a knack of putting an end to forum threads....... :oops: :lol::lol:

Please let me be of assistance...... :)
  • Mothyman
    well thank you dmclite...very considerate...

:roll: doh
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My pleasure, anytime. :)
  • So you guys only go once a day? :shock:
  • stevewj
    stevewj Posts: 227
    ten past nine every day is OK assuming you don't wake up at half past.
  • wouldnt be fun doing it while sleeping... or would it?
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I've just read that back and oh lord I sound mental. Ah well...

You said it matey... :wink:
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Yeah - do it on company time.

And that way you save money on loo roll at home, too. Bonus!

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Yes, you are ODD !