Guerrilla Signs Game

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited September 2009 in The Crudcatcher
INSTRUCTIONS

1. Read the article by Clicking here.
2. Suggest places and the signs you would like to put there.
3. Be inventive.

:D

Comments

• awesome, i used to work as a signmaker/writer and took part in a spot of guerilla signage, they maybe werent in the league of these, but my favourite one used to be "do not feed the camera" signs we'd stick on CCTV camera cages, managed to get a quarter page of publicity and a photo of one of the signs in the local newspaper. went on for a few weeks that summer then lost interest.
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • I used to live round the corner from here!
    s8a_1490926a.jpg

I would make a sign for a bus that as you got off, just above the door it said:
    "Try and make the most of the day, as you've probably now got a cold."
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    i was only thinking about this, this very morning, the new phase 2 of follow the dog has lots of sections done but are not ridible so there should be signs that say
    first
    bikes only
    then no riding
    what are brakes for again
  • saw this in Brussels a few months back. made me smile.

3965311929_6bab92055c.jpg

Some of the ones in that article are truly superb though!
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    we changed all the 'disabled badge holders only' signs in the town to 'disabled BADGER holders only' a few years ago :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Haha sweet 8)
    warningsign.php?line1=Are&line2=you&line3=protected&line4=on&line5=this&line6=bus%21%3F&symbol=respirator&background=ansi-think

Aww, it didn't work :(
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Not my invention, but i like this one
    1278692474_627f9c8940.jpg

Oh and not quite a guerilla sign story, but I did get very drunk once and moved all the cones of a roadworks, and the diversion signs, and diverted all the trafic into kwik Save's car park
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    There was a height warning sign on a bridge by my uncle's place that had been amended from the height to that of a pigeon and the words pigeon sh!t. There was always a good covering of white stuff on the pavement under the bridge. As a couple of pre-teens us kids found it very amusing.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Another fave is this old cherry, i know its been done a bizillion times but it still makes me chuckle

vs+stop+hammertime.jpg
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    not quite a sign but....................

banksy1.jpg

can't beat banksy..anyone else go to his exhibition? some of it was genius... :D