Anyone have SKS chromoplastic mud guards?

2»

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I'm not actually a fan of Cadel Evans, I just like the World Champ Stripes, hence my previous Avatars...

No-o-o-o, Cadel Evans world champ??? Only one step down from Lance A$$trong in the pecker order :evil:

SKS' are ace, never had a problem with bolts - mine were fine

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Glad to see I'm not the only ones having problems then. I think I will try the cable ties but it sounds like it could be a lengthy process and I haven't even started the back one - job for the weekend I think rather than attempting to do it in the dark after work.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    nielsamd wrote:
    Since people are generally musing now....

I plan on tweaking my rear ones to take the same `safety' clip thats on the front ones so that I can more easily get my fixed/ss rear wheel out of the track ends (Spesh. Tri-Singlecross.)

I've got exactly that setup on my fixed - safety clips front and rear.
  • msw
    msw Posts: 313
    Quick update - the bike shop were very nice about it, said it might be a bit tight with 28mm tyres on but had the guards on in about half an hour with no problems. Their solution was to bend the top loop forwards so it missed the headset. I guess my advice from this experience would be to get them fitted when you buy them unless you're happy to spend an afternoon measuring and cutting metal (which is a perfectly reasonable thing to be!).
    "We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    I was sad Fabian couldn't do the double. Oh well.[/quote]

He so earnt winning...just burnt himself out didnt he ?!
    No Evans fan but made cracking TV ! would never have betted on him winning !
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    pastryboy wrote:
    Glad to see I'm not the only ones having problems then. I think I will try the cable ties but it sounds like it could be a lengthy process and I haven't even started the back one - job for the weekend I think rather than attempting to do it in the dark after work.

That might be a good idea - saturday. Mine fitted fine. I have some narrow ones for my hybrids then a fat 60mm wide one for my hardtail rear wheel which I am well proud of. The fitting kit had lots of bolts of varying sizes. I can remember taking a bit of time to work out the best combination but it all came together in the end. The SKS guards for the hybrids have been on 11 and 6 years and for the hardtail 1 year. SKS mudguards are excellent the best going and will probably out live the bike and me.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Cadel > Armstrong

At least he is a nice guy - I was really pleased he won the World Champs and am Spanish! :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I've just gota new bike with the SKS 'guards fitted.
    They appear to be a little too far away from the tyre at the bottoms, but unlike the 'guards I'm reading about here, mine have a loop in them at the 'guard end!
    Maybe I'll just have to alter the angle of the bracket where it joins the frame/forks...

Unless you guys no better... :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!