Cliquiest bunch of riders?

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited October 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Commuters. I think they all share the same house!

Comments

• Clique = A small exclusive group of friends or associates

I'm fairly sure you mean roadies.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    The dry weather, summer MTB riders with no helmet, with the pedals firmly planted in the instep, feet pointing like they are about to do the Charlie Chaplin walk, ride in groups and think they are the dogs dangly bits.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • supersonic
    anyways.. care to elabourate? :lol:
    What brought these feelings about?!
  • supersonic
    I am merely saying the Commuting forum is nice and friendly!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Commuters have taken the lead in my hatred for particular biking groups too. Even more ignorant than roadies!! :P
  • I ride my MTB at weekend and commute to work on a bike all week ?

Define a commuter ?
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    deadliest wrote:
    I ride my MTB at weekend and commute to work on a bike all week

+1
  • deadliest wrote:
    I ride my MTB at weekend and commute to work on a bike all week ?

Define a commuter ?

+2
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    deadliest wrote:
    I ride my MTB at weekend and commute to work on a bike all week ?

Define a commuter ?

+3
  • supersonic
    Mind you, they seem angry at Richard Madely at the moment.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I commute on my bike sometimes, but I usually get up too late, and end up taking the car.
    I am an arsehole though, so maybe I fit in with the commuter crowd?
  • I commute on my bike sometimes, but I usually get up too late, and end up taking the car.
    I am an arsehole though, so maybe I fit in with the commuter crowd?
    Most definately :wink:
    I actually thought you were a roadie?!

jk! lol!
  • Anonymous
    :lol:
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    i find it hilarious when commuters get to traffic lights and when the lighst are red they sop and trackstand (generally badly) for as long as they can. then when the lights go red the sprint to the next set. its like american style traffic light racing.
  • Anonymous
    what would you rather they do?
  • ramemtbers
    ummm. nose manual up to the lights. whilst the lights are red have them hop on the back wheel over and over and then ,ake them wheely from those traffic lights to the next and do the same yet again. :lol:
  • Anonymous
    That's why you can't be in our clique.
    People like you ruin cycling for others

:lol::wink:
  • ramemtbers
    hahahahaha i know i should be banished from riding. :lol: see when i do my paper round (on a dh bike :lol: ) i see if i can wheely from one house to the next and see how far i can nose manual up there drive.
  • Sonic, I think perhaps you need to specify that it's London commuters. Specifically the ones who try to out-do one another by purchasing ever more expensive pieces of carbon exotica to commute on and feel the need to commute in full team lycra.

Essentially, they are "roadies who commute" except proper roadies would never use their pride and joy to commute.

Think that about sums it up, did I miss anything?
  • supersonic
    Commuters stop at lights?!
  • Kiblams
    supersonic wrote:

I do :shock: Mind you, I rarely filter; usually just wait in traffic like a car :oops:
  • Kiblams wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

I do :shock: Mind you, I rarely filter; usually just wait in traffic like a car :oops:

ditto.

It would be cool if Danny MacAskill was on my commute like in the ad he just made...that would at least entertain me whilst I'm stuck at the lights slowly inhaling carbon monoxide.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I was heading back home along an unmade road last night when my lights picked out a...commuter. No helmet, massive saddlebag, bike bouncing all over the place.

He just stared straight ahead when I passed him with a cheery "Evening!". Not even the faintest hint of acknowledgement. Miserable git :lol:
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i just had a poke about in the commuter forum and those guys are serious about riding to work :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Hercule Q wrote:
    i just had a poke about in the commuter forum and those guys are serious about riding to work :lol:
    I'm a bit scared of going on there because my whole commuter cost less than a set of tyres on my MTB. :shock:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Kiblams
    edited October 2009
    Daz555 wrote:
    I'm a bit scared of going on there because my whole commuter cost less than a set of tyres on my MTB. :shock:

Ah but this is why we must post on there (show them the errors of their ways) I post on there and do my best to advise people that the word 'hack' shouldn't be a dirty one for commuters. My bike was free and cost me £55 to get 'road worthy' (slicks, grips, pedals, and a pannier rack)
  • Precisely.

I have even been known to post on there on occasion, and I commute on my Full-sus with nobbly tyres. (to be fair though, much of my commute is properly off-road).

Unlike the MTB forum though, most of the people on there are from either London or Bristol.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    If I had a commuter bike worth more than 10 year old Marin, I'm fairly sure it would get nicked in less than week. I'm actually quite amazed mine's lasted the last 6 months.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Anonymous
    If I had a commuter bike worth more than 10 year old Marin, I'm fairly sure it would get nicked in less than week. I'm actually quite amazed mine's lasted the last 6 months.
    Bide your tongue, my old marin's over 10 years old, and is still worth a pretty penny :lol:
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Bide your tongue, my old marin's over 10 years old, and is still worth a pretty penny :lol:

:lol: yep, but yours was good once....my Bobcat's always been bottom draw Marin - even in 1998! But at least it will built before manufactures started putting waste-of-space suspension forks on low-end models though!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160