Rebellin probed for tax evasion

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited September 2010 in Pro race
http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLP33509820090925

Cipollini was another Italian rider probed some years ago.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• how hopeless are italian tax collectors ? maradonna had to hand over his ear rings at the airport as he owes E25 apparently

you would have thought such a reliable, regular and organised government run by such a prudent and responsible leader would do better :-)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's very common for riders of all nationalities to rent a tiny studio flat in Monaco and claim residency there... only to actually spend most of the year living in Italy, Belgium or France.

Vino's involved a long running spat with the French authorities who claim he was living in France and not in Monaco. How many days a year does Tommeke spend in Monaco?
  • Long enough to stack a Lambo, Kleber.

Tax evasion is the national sport in Italy, isn't it?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Seems a harsh punishment for tax evasion. Still, makes a change for Cipo to be on the receiving end.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    They love it don't they, I was going to say about Rossi before I saw him on the article. I didn't realise he earned that much :shock:

How much cash would someone like Rebellin earn then?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • and there was us thinking Rossi was living in London because he liked it...yeh right...Labour's little international tax haven in our very own back yard!
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Kléber
    Long enough to stack a Lambo, Kleber.
    Except he stacked the Lambo in a Brussels suburb :wink:

Tax evasion is the national sport in Italy, isn't it?

i had lunch with a group of italians on holiday the other week and they said exactly that.
  • Kléber
    Indeed. There's a reason the Barloworld team was registered in Britain. Is Liquigas registered in San Marino like Saeco was?
  • Which part of Rebellin did they probe????
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Next on the long list of Italian tax dodgers is Petacchi for 3mill

http://www.ilgiornale.it/interni/petacc ... comments=1
    Contador is the Greatest
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones wrote:

+1, fantastic book.
  • Kléber
    If you liked that, "Into the Heart of the Mafia: A Journey Through the Italian South" by David Lane is a good read, it covers organised crime but not from the sensational "Godfather" aspect, more from the way these groups behave like a cancer within Italian society.

Several instances of doping have been linked to organised crime. In the mid-90s there was a mini crime wave of hospitals seeing armed raids by gangs, they weren't demanding morphine or the most expensive cancer drugs but EPO vials, growth hormones and steroids.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Fat Head wrote:
    Which part of Rebellin did they probe????
    :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Pozzato the next Italian being probed for tax evasion....like a national hobby...

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5533/ ... fraud.aspx
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Pozzato the next Italian being probed for tax evasion....like a national hobby...

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5533/ ... fraud.aspx

It is well known that in Italy it's a national pastime to evade your taxes.
  • TO my mind, the Italians have a really good attitude on this... "It's my money and if you want to take it, you'll have to find it first!"
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    TO my mind, the Italians have a really good attitude on this... "It's my money and if you want to take it, you'll have to find it first!"

I wonder if they have asked Whiteboytrash from this forum to help them out, he knows a fair bit about tax evasion.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    TO my mind, the Italians have a really good attitude on this... "It's my money and if you want to take it, you'll have to find it first!"

All well and good until you want your bins emptied:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisjohnb ... 540512518/