Daily troll poll

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Should really be a poll but meh!

Who's the biggest commuting troll today?
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• You, for your iPhone comments!
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    That you started the thread would indicate you have an pretty clear idea who it was, so diss...
  • itboffin
    today it would have to be DDD clearly, sorry matey :P
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • You're all ugly and your respective mothers dress you badly - do I win ? :)
  • itboffin
    You're all ugly and your respective mothers dress you badly - do I win ? :)

hardly :lol:
  • How about 'I'm thinking of buying a Cyclecross bike' ? 8)
  • "I confess"

spanish6.jpg
  • itboffin
    How about 'I'm thinking of buying a Cyclecross bike' ? 8)

mmm let me think now how would that conversation go...

"Hello i'd like to buy a cross bike"
    A what sir?
    "A cross bike you know cyclocross CX CXX"
    oh right, well you see the thing is.... the season is almost over and well I shouldn't really what with it almost being Oct 'n all, wouldn't you like something sort of .... well you know, commuter specific...?

mmm wouldn't you sir, suits you sir, oooh!
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    "I confess"

spanish6.jpg

I didn't expect that.......
  • itboffin
    NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Personally I'm not seeing how I've been a troll.

There is a difference between posting a high number of on-topic threads and trying to be disruptive to the board.

Spamming is OK on the commuting forum
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited September 2009

There is a difference between posting a high number of on-topic threads and trying to be disruptive to the board.

THIS is an example of trolling....

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5301/t ... ialthr.swf
    You are so lucky I can't embed this into the post....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • redddraggon
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Well no, but then this is dependant on what you consider spam. No doubt there are some who will claim my bike and commuter related posts on a bike and commuter forum is spam, I'm not seeing that though.

To be honest this very thread is an example of trolling as well as giving others a cheap oppurtunity to eventually flame me, which will be of no benefit to the forum.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • redddraggon
    What have iPhones got to do with commuting?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Well no, but then this is dependant on what you consider spam. No doubt there are some who will claim my bike and commuter related posts on a bike and commuter forum is spam, I'm not seeing that though.

To be honest this very thread is an example of trolling as well as giving others a cheap oppurtunity to eventually flame me, which will be of no benefit to the forum.

Yup hold on hold 1 more min before the popcorn is ready :lol:
  • itboffin
    chomp chomp slurp

go on you were saying :lol:
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

I think that insiting on talking about cycling is highly disruptive.

Lets start a Formula 1 thread.

Imagine if you combined Ruben's head, Couthard's jaw and Webber's chin.

Wow.

SpeedRacer1.jpg
  • itboffin

never ever use an iphone to reply to an important business email you will look like you had a stroke during the reply, business tools my arse!

what was wrong with the blackberry !?!
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Wow.

SpeedRacer1.jpg

You know i've followed F1 for 38 years but this year i've missed two races and I don't care it's so boring now. :wink:
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    itboffin wrote:
    NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Showing your age there chap :lol:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • Yeah, but if the drivers were, in fact, bobble heads, it would be interesting again, right?

I miss the days when driver had to be lifted from cars with leaking aluminium fuel tanks and taken straight to physio to recover from pickled hamstrings. I miss watching people take a long suck from a fat Marlboro in the pit lane whilst refuelling. That was when men were men and you had to remember NOT to crash.
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    itboffin wrote:

You know i've followed F1 for 38 years but this year i've missed two races and I don't care it's so boring now. :wink:

i've always thought that the only interesting bits are the start, when something might happen, and the result. 8)
  • itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Wow.

SpeedRacer1.jpg

but next year they are "un-introducing" refuelling, the thing they introduced to liven things up all those years ago, they are taking away to liven things up :?
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • DonDaddyD
    edited September 2009

About as much as the following:
    Today I will be mostly eating
    Paging _Brun_
    My birthday celebrations
    Paging IP
    Um Bongo
    Weekend Social Rides

There are examples of more off-topic threads in the commuting section, they don't get as much scrutiny.

In short you lot can stuff-it! Need to stop trying to single me out.

How's the popcorn? Mines better it's butterkiss!
    Food Chain number = 4

• pram.jpg
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:

About as much as the following:
    Today I will be mostly eating

Paging _Brun_

My birthday celebrations

Paging IP

Um Bongo

Weekend Social Rides

There are examples of more off-topic threads in the commuting section, they don't get as much scrutiny.

In short you lot can stuff-it! Need to stop trying to single me out.

How's the popcorn? Mines better it's butterkiss!

But its soooooo good chomp chomp :lol:
  • itboffin
    Now I was wondering what Karen thinks about all this...?

Karen?
  • DonDaddyD
    itboffin wrote:
    Now I was wondering what Karen thinks about all this...?

Karen?

She could care less, she is enjoying her carbon spacers you recommended. I promised her some white lizard skin bar tape if she behaves herself and plays nice with Donovan...

Get Il Prince to log out and log-in as her again and then maybe you can ask her directly... I know how you guys like role-play.... :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    Anywho, just so you know I'm going bed now gotta get an early nights sleep so that I'm fresh and can think about what to post tomorrow at work....

You lot should savour every moment because when I start my new proper job I will actually be challenged and probably won't have time to be posting on the site any longer...

"It's OK guys don't cry, all good things have to come to and end..."
    Food Chain number = 4

This discussion has been closed.