margate

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited September 2009 in The bottom bracket
about to set off for my 5 hour drive to margate .... I am guessing it is a complete dump and I am in for a rotten evening

Comments

• about to set off for my 5 hour drive to margate .... I am guessing it is a complete dump and I am in for a rotten evening

Not if you like shell grotto's, I think you're in for a treat.

http://www.shellgrotto.co.uk/pages/welcome.html

shell_grotto.jpg
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    about to set off for my 5 hour drive to margate .... I am guessing it is a complete dump and I am in for a rotten evening

Correct on both counts. I suggest that you head for Broadstairs instead. Much nicer. It's very, very close so you'd have no problems getting there.
  • Then there's always this cocker-ney classic for the ipod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkTWzOw ... re=related
    Down to Margate, don't forget your buckets and spades and cossys and all
    Down to Margate, we'll have a pill of jellied eels at the cockle stall
    Down to Margate, we'll go on the pier and we'll have a beer aside of the sea

Down to Margate, you can keep the Costa Brava, I'm telling ya mate I'd rather have a day down Margate with all me family

I'm going to bunk off and join you for beer and eels on the prom. Or maybe I'll go to Brighton and listen to Mandy putting a positive spin on the West Pier and watch McBrown holding back the tide.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • well I have been all over the uk and this is one of the worst places I have ever visited
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    well I have been all over the uk and this is one of the worst places I have ever visited

So follow my advice and go to Broadstairs! It's 10 minutes down the road and far nicer.

I was there at the weekend and the sea is still very pleasant to swim in, so hope you packed some trunks.
  • I am here on work you know - not pleasure !

its very sad walking round all these ex-resort towns, most depressing

(the job is in broadstairs tomorrow but this is where the hotel I have been booked in is)