Fox Float RP23 '09

trekex977
trekex977 Posts: 95
edited September 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

A quick, maybe dumb, question about the RP23 shock on my 09 fuel ex 9.

What is the small adjustable hex screw situated near the top pivot directly inline with the valve assembly.

Is this a locating screw to prevent twisting of the valve when adjusting rebound or operating pro pedal.

Any help appreciated.

Ian

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    picture of this?

most likely just a grub screw holding things together.

Why?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Just to give a better picture

31082009140-1.jpg

Found another here whilst looking at other pics.

Apologies for the focus

07092009179-1.jpg
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    It's a leave it well alone screw.

It keeps the pro pedal assembly in one piece, i've taken them apart before on other shocks, there will be gubbins inside so be careful if you plan on fiddling.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Dazzza wrote:
    It's a leave it well alone screw.

It keeps the pro pedal assembly in one piece, i've taken them apart before on other shocks, there will be gubbins inside so be careful if you plan on fiddling.

Thats just it. I noticed the top one was loose, which made me question what it is for. Not sure if it is supposed to be screwed right in or not.
  • Anyone offer any more advice.
  • I would suggest that if it's needed to keep all the propedal gubbins inside, and it's working loose it means that soon all those little bits will be falling on the floor unless it's tight. But that's just me I take no responsibility if you damage your shock by tightening it.

I can't help anymore, as i don't have a RP23 :cry: