Dave Hinde

johndoran
johndoran Posts: 69
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
Anyone else notice Dave Hindes advert on the back page of Cycling Weekly this week where yet again he calls all other bikes " shite" and only for posers. is it me or can anyone remember a major tour or international race or even a national title ever being won on one of his bikes.

Comments

• Chris Hoy used a Hinde but is badged as a Dolan (only joking) :lol:
  • i am led to believe that those limited edition artwork bikes used by lance armstrong in the 2009 tdf were in fact repainted dave hinde frames :shock:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Nope,not noticed it,but the guy does come with a bad rep.
    If he has to bad mouth the opposition,it doesn't generally bode well for him,does it?
    Surprised CW would use such language in an add??
    so many cols,so little time!
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Surprised CW would use such language in an add??

I was a bit surprised that CW had gone ahead with such an advert too. Just confirms for me that I will never ever buy anything from him.
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    I noticed the add as well and was pretty disgusted, more so knowing his rep as - well - a con man. At least if you order a 'poser bike' you'll actually get it :lol:
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    CW will never say anything bad about Dave Hinde, seeing as he must pay a fair proportion of their ad revenue, another reason not to buy the comic.
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    I think that ad is probably offensive to a fair few people. Bet the ASA would agree.

I mean shite is not exactly polite parlance....unless you're a nouveau riche scumbag
  • carrock wrote:
    I think that ad is probably offensive to a fair few people. Bet the ASA would agree.

I mean shite is not exactly polite parlance....unless you're a nouveau riche scumbag

yes imagine all the old dears and retired vicars fainting upon sighting this awful word on the back of the comic!

call the cops! :shock:
  • I wasnt particularly bothered about the word Shite its just the attitude that every other cycle manufacturer other than Dave Hind is rubish.
  • johndoran wrote:
    I wasnt particularly bothered about the word Shite its just the attitude that every other cycle manufacturer other than Dave Hind is rubish.

dont worry mr hinde is well known as an alleged gobshite- not many will be fooled by his ads
  • Would never buy anything off Hinde, would never buy a mag that takes his advertising.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Anyone got a scan of the advert?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I wonder if we'll get the usual new member who's first post and only post is full of praise for D Hinde.

It happens in most of the other Hinde bashing threads...
  • Well I love DH, won't hear a word said against him, especially, I love the way he talks dirty when he accuses me of stealing goods that were never delivered :wink:
  • Seriously, I have spent £25000 in his shop and everything has been wonderful!
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    edited September 2009
    Double Post
  • dodgy wrote:
    Anyone got a scan of the advert?

No but it said (I'm paraphrasing) "Just been to Interbike, and I've never seen so much sh*te in all my life"

Charming.
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    carrock wrote:

yes imagine all the old dears and retired vicars fainting upon sighting this awful word on the back of the comic!

call the cops! :shock:

Well, not saying anyone's going to die of shock, but it IS inappropriate- like people swearing in front of small children- just not what you'd expect in an advert, really.
  • Anyone reported it to the Advertising Standards Authority?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Is he the Keith Floyd of bike retail?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Is he the Keith Floyd of bike retail?
    NO, KF had some charm and charisma - this guy has neither!
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    3967503380_81f3a338b6_o.jpg
    will this do? :lol:
  • That's taking the pista!
  • bobpzero
    edited October 2009
    i can post the advert unaltered, if anyone else wants a try?
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Non drive side, stem wrong way up and text on wheels is upside down. These things offend me much more than a swear word.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited October 2009
    What i noticed was it's the only track-specific item on the web site.

In fact that appears to be an old alloy road bike Record crank (note the empty bolt holes for the missing small chainring).

I wonder if it has a skinny 10 speed chain on as well? :lol:
  • bobpzero
    3972531116_5e2f57c7ca_o.jpg
    here it is, have fun.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    It's hideous, worst looking frame I've ever seen!!!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    "Amost twice as stiff as any other track frame tested available"

Que?

So they tested it themselves against some track frames they had available at the time of testing?

That's not that impressive really they could have had some right 'shite' to compare it too :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • No that's the point, there aren't any other track frames available, so it's a fait accompli regarding superiority.