Cube Aerial/Peloton/Attempt/Streamer Sizing Issue

msq171
msq171 Posts: 5
edited September 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi everybody, new here on these forums.

Am interested in one of the Cube alu frames and am calling out to those who own one of these frames from some feedback/advice.

Going by the manufacturers charts Cube seems to run smaller than most brands.
I have been sized up/rode some friend's CAAD9 and CR1 Team in which I am happy with a Large/56 on those 2 frames.

Comparing the charts between the brands I was pretty confident I would be a 58cm in the Cube, however Chainreaction threw a spanner into the works by telling me that if I was a 56 in the Scott or C'Dale I would also be a 56 in the Cube. (I am bang on 6 foot and have a typical inseam)

To this point I am stil sceptical about that piece of info from Chainreaction and just wanted some real life/expert opinion on my dilemma.

I have no chance to test one or return the bike if it's incorrect as I will be getting shipped to Australia thus I would like to get this correct.

With the curent sales and exchange rates the deal for an Aerial is too good to resist.

Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Comments

• -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Sorry MSQ but if you really want to know, you're going to have to find one to try out before you buy. If that is not possible try talking to the folk that sell Cube Bikes - get a selection of views from a variety of retailers.

If you are still not sure I would say err on the smaller size - you can always get a longer stem and put the saddle back a little.

Why buy and ship to Oz? - Are ther no bike shops out there that might deliver?

-Spider-
  • FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    Several friends and I bought Cubes in April on cycle to work.

Three mates all at 6 ft got a 58 (all attempts but exactly the same geometry from what I can tell as the model you are looking at).

Two other guys got 56's in the Peloton and Aerial and are both 5'9-5'10.

I got a 60 in the Agree (slightly more aggressive geometry) and am 6'3", though since getting a winter bike as well which is slightly longer, I kinda wish I went for a 62 in the Cube.

I would get the 58, it isn't going to be too big.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    My winter bike is a peloton. Its 58, Im 6ft 1/2" ...my other bike is a 56cm Cervelo and I run a one cm shorter stem on that cos its slightly longer (the bike.. not the stem!). Both my bikes measure up for the same position for me. The Cube has a slightly higher BB so everything is a little higher up.

PM me if you want any other opinions on the bike.
  • -spider- wrote:
    Sorry MSQ but if you really want to know, you're going to have to find one to try out before you buy. If that is not possible try talking to the folk that sell Cube Bikes - get a selection of views from a variety of retailers.

If you are still not sure I would say err on the smaller size - you can always get a longer stem and put the saddle back a little.

Why buy and ship to Oz? - Are ther no bike shops out there that might deliver?

I have tried some bikes that are close to it's geometry, and have emailed a few dealers regarding their opinion (which seems to be 58cm)

In Oz for Sub 1k you arent likely to get anything more than 2200 or non-series stuff, maybe sneak a Sora bit in here and there.

Thanks for everyone's help so far