Your worst run of punctures?

pastryboy
pastryboy Posts: 1,385
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
Only one in five months - then two in two days , occurred on different bikes with different types of tyre - no idea what caused the first, little bit of metal (part of a staple maybe) caused the second.

To say I was pissed off would be an understatement, I had swapped bikes specifically because there was less chance of a puncture on today's whilst the other bike is awaiting new more puncture-resistant tyres - if I hit three in a row I may just give up for good.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    I had a puncture once. 2005 it was.

That was annoying.
  • 5 in 5 weeks on the fairweather bike (conti ultras)

none in 3 years on the bone-shaker (marathon plus)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    :roll:

:lol:

You have no idea ....!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • None for 3 years and then 5 in one ride!! was off road at the time looking for a lost dog.GGRRRRRR!!
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    On a mountain bike in the Peaks earlier this year.

Something like 5 in a day, after 3 the previous day. Most annoying thing ever.
  • Two twin rear pinch punctures coming down coed y brenin in space of 5 minutes. Very annoying.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin wrote:
    :roll:

:lol:

You have no idea ....!

funnly enought I knew you'd post to this thread......
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    On my MTB, I haven't had a puncture in a couple of years since I switched to Tubeless. Infact the only issue I had at all was having to replace a valve that was a bit damaged and thus leaking air.

On my Road Bike they are a bit more common, even with puncture resistant tyres. Worst of which was when I got a puncture, then when I put in a new tube it pinched and punctured again. Got a bit fustrated putting another one in and accidentally shredded it with some metal tyre levers. Evenetually ran out of tubes, had no patch kit on me and had to find a bike shop in order to get to work!
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    Sir! Sir!

He said the P word - and in the thread title :shock: :shock:

The P* Fairy will be after him.... :wink:
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.