FAO: People who can't touch but can eat dead animals...

whyamihere
whyamihere Posts: 7,695
edited September 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Grow a pair.

Vegetarians I don't mind, as they don't have anything to do with meat at all. Their loss, but hey. The annoying people are those who can't even prepare their food properly, getting squeamish about touching a piece of raw chicken. Oh no, it feels slippery. Fuck you.

I propose a test. When people turn 16, they are taken to a farm, and shown how to humanely kill a chicken with their bare hands. If they can't then kill, pluck, prepare and cook the chicken, they are shot. I would propose it for beef as well, but the morons who can't touch meat are probably the same useless wastes of space who have their steak well done.

Comments

• I like my steak well done.
    Call me old picky, but I didn't ask for warm raw meat.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I was watching Bear Grylls earlier, that guy's mad.
    He just grabbed a frog, knocked it's head off on a rock, pulled the guts out through it's neck, and walked around eating it like he was munching on a mars bar :lol:
  • Chuck Norris would do exactly the same thing to Bear Grylls.
  • :lol:

I'll take my steak are rare as it'll come thanks! Blue is it called?
  • Anonymous
    Chuck Norris would do exactly the same thing to Bear Grylls.
    Yes he would. Except he wouldn't need to knock Bear's head off. Bear's head would just jump off his shoulders at the sight of Chuck.

Meanwhile, both Chuck and Bear could, would, and should do the same thing to that muppet on "alone in the wild".
  • Anonymous
    i agree with the op although i dont know where the rant came from.

i do believe that if you are going to eat meat you should be prepared to deal with the animal in the first place.

im not suggesting we all go out and prove our worth but a meat eater who says he couldnt kill or butcher an animal should be ashamed of their own morals!

i eat meat but since meeting my hippy vegetarian wife i have a whole new outlook on the food i eat and expect it to be treated with a bit of dignty on its way to the plate. i also changed my outlook on the whole killing of animals, for example, i wouldnt game shoot anymore as its a wasteful needless thing to do, no matter ho much it is claimed to be for food, it is really the satisfaction of killing something and i find that a bit un-savoury.

for the record i have killed and butchered animals and feel i have earned the "right" to eat animals.*

*im not suggesting anyone else needs to do this but i feel it balances my moral compas to have dealt ith an animal before and after its death.
  • sheepsteeth
    Would you go fishing?

Oh and whats the right to eat animals? lol, that made me laugh a bit :D

I just see it all as the food chiain heirarcy... last week on TV I watch a pack of lions eat a bit buffalo while it was still alive, they got inside its stomach and the thing was still moo'ing!!
    Surely what we do isn't that bad?! :D
  • I'll happily eat meat from almost any animal that I can think of, and I lived in Germany for a while, so I probably ate the meat of some animals that I've NEVER heard of, but I couldn't slaughter a cow or a lamb. Luckily I don't have to, there are men called butchers who will happily do it for you.

I feel no shame in this at all, why should I?

There are many services that people use but claim "Oh, I couldn't do that".
    So what?

I spent 7 years working in a mental health hospital wiping shite off of old men's bums, now I bet a few of you are thinking "I couldn't do that".
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Yes he would. Except he wouldn't need to knock Bear's head off. Bear's head would just jump off his shoulders at the sight of Chuck.

You realise Bear is Ex SAS, a Black belt AND been to the top of Everest?

Proper hard barsteward is Bear. 8)
  • Anonymous
    Yeah, but chuck Norris is the reason we HAVE the SAS. :lol:
  • pte1643 wrote:

You realise Bear is Ex SAS, a Black belt AND been to the top of Everest?

Proper hard barsteward is Bear. 8)

Yes, but Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris.
    Game over, Bear. You lose.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    But the Honey Badger rules all.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    nicklouse wrote:
    Is that the one that can turn around inside it's own skin, so that if you grab it by the tail, it will still bite you?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse wrote:
    Is that the one that can turn around inside it's own skin, so that if you grab it by the tail, it will still bite you?

and some.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15888253349
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Anonymous
    Honey Badgers, soft as shite.
    Eh? how does a picture of them feeding a honey badger prove anything?
  • You feed it from behind?

Try petting a Great White, let me know how that works out for ya!
  • nicklouse
    You feed it from behind?

Try petting a Great White, let me know how that works out for ya!

seen sharkman?

he does.

Oh and that honey badger looks stuffed :wink: with a stick.
  • Anonymous
    You feed it from behind?

Nah, well, sort of.
    See, it's like when they do an excecution, they have several people flip the switch, to help alleviate guilt.
    If they simply fed the children to the badger, then the zoo-keeper might be hampered by a mild sense of guilt.

So, what they do is, tell the children to go and pet it, from behind it, knowing full well that the badger can turn around inside it's own skin, and kill from any angle.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i like to chase my steak around the field before it goes on my plate :twisted:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    whyamihere wrote:
    Grow a pair.

Vegetarians I don't mind, as they don't have anything to do with meat at all. Their loss, but hey. The annoying people are those who can't even prepare their food properly, getting squeamish about touching a piece of raw chicken. Oh no, it feels slippery. Fuck you.
    I have never head of anyone who won't touch raw chicken :?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • :lol: This thread is full of win!

My mums side of the family own a small chain of buchers shops and they slaughter their own stock. Having helped out in the slaughterhouse a few times, I can confirm that it's not a pretty site.

Didn't put me off meat though, nothing beats a nice big steak! apart from maybe 2 nice big steaks.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I like my steak well done.

Thats an expensive way to get a burger.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    andrew156 wrote:
    I like my steak well done.

Thats an expensive way to get a burger.
    ...and a proper home made burger is bet a little rare as well.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Snelly
    Snelly Posts: 140
    Interesting from the OP. I quite agree with the setiments. There are too many people that don't connect what is in a field with what is on their plate.

And I can't understand why anyone would have any meat well done - it makes it taste worse and harder to eat.

And vegetarians? In my view, Vegetarianism is an eating disorder! :D If you tried to be a veggie in this country 100 years ago then you would starve as we could not cultivate many of the staples all year round or even at all in some cases. Just eating veg is not natural.

I blame Walt Disney myself..... :lol:
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    100 years ago for a lot of people in this country meat was a once a week treat
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    Now i would pay a considerable amoun of money to see that lol

• Snelly wrote:
    Interesting from the OP. I quite agree with the setiments. There are too many people that don't connect what is in a field with what is on their plate.

And I can't understand why anyone would have any meat well done - it makes it taste worse and harder to eat.

I fully understand what a cow is and I know fine well that the delicious bacon on my roll this morning used to be part of a pig a week or so previously, but I have absolutely no desire to pick up a bolt gun and "pop a cap in Babe's ass". I don't know what you think this says about someone like me other than that I'd prefer someone else to do that particular job for me.

As for having my steaks well done, well I've tried medium and, on one particular evening that I'd prefer to forget, I've tried a part of someone else's steak which had been done blue. I prefer to eat cooked meat, not raw, and I like the taste of a well done steak. Only social convention and comments from walking testicles like Gordon Ramsay have convinced people that you MUST have your steak done no more than medium. Have it how the hell you like it, it's your food.
  • I like my steak medium-rare, but Mr Toast is awkward and likes his well done. I normally have to start cooking his a few minutes earlier. It’s not right, I tell thee!

We’re the opposite way with veg though, he likes his with some crunch in, and can even eat them raw, whereas I like to have them nuked to oblivion and covered in dressing/gravy/sauce. I could quite happily be a carnivore, but I’d fail at being a vegetarian very, very quickly.