Surrey Legs Of Steel

TheStone
TheStone Posts: 2,291
Anyone doing this one?

Looks a good day. Usual training route with a few more people to chat to.
exercise.png

Comments

• Rode the event today, great route, great organisation. Excellent - pity about the time mind :oops:
    Cervelo RS 2010
    LOOK KG381 Team
    Colnago Dream Lux
    Specialized M4 Rockhopper Disc 2008
  • BBL
    BBL Posts: 21
    First time I've done that route - must remember to pay attention to the signs and not just follow the group ahead, went the wrong way in Dorking...

My time was rubbish, but was amazed at the speed some were passing me on the hills - some fit buggers out there! :shock:
  • really good event. Got 2:45 which got me 16th.

I stoppped to pick up the gillet from my teammate who rode off oblivious in the distance but then I managed to get a tow of 2 incredibly strong riders for a while so swings and roundabouts. Averaged 169 bpm for the race really good tough short ride
  • xcorinmick
    xcorinmick Posts: 11
    edited April 2012
    Really enjoyed the Legs of Steel, organisation was spot on, my m8 Steve was on fire so gave up following after 4 climbs and he went ahead with a Kingston Wheeler, got overtaken by the winner - white Pearson dude that was just on fire on that 21% wintersth climb, pretty impressive....

Great ride, great crowd, steep as u want, feed station were disappointing for 25 pounds but anyway nobody seemed to bother to stop there so... and it all goes to a charity anyway !

Finished sub 2.50 but had massive cramps last 35km so not that bad, next time will start slowly...

See you next year...
    Yeti ARC 1991, Sunn Revolt 94, Vario No Limit DH 96, Commencal Flame 2000, Commencal Flame 03, Santa Cruz Blur XC 05, Specialized Langster 06, Kona Humuhumu-Nukunuku 06, Yeti 575 07, Specialized Tarmac S-Works 08, Scott Scale 80 08...
  • xcorinmick wrote:
    Really enjoyed the Legs of Steel, organisation was spot on, my m8 Steve was on fire so gave up following after 4 climbs and he went ahead with a Kingston Wheeler, got overtaken by the winner - white Pearson dude that was just on fire on that 21% wintersth climb, pretty impressive....

Great ride, great crowd, steep as u want, feed station were disappointing for 25 pounds but anyway nobody seemed to bother to stop there so... and it all goes to a charity anyway !

Finished sub 2.50 but had massive cramps last 35km so not that bad, next time will start slowly...

See you next year...

I saw that pearson guy go past me, that was something else. The only other time I can remember being made to look so ordinary on a hill was being overtaken by Dan Lloyd on the bwlch at this year's dragon ride